Associate Manager, Entomologist
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. Many of SC Johnson’s products have been, and remain, top sellers in their market categories. This product leadership is coupled with an established a long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership, innovation and being a great place to work. As well as accolades such as being named the fourth most innovative company in the consumer products category on Fast Company magazine’s annual Most Innovative Companies list, the company was named to Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Work” list, and Working Mother magazine regularly recognizes it as one of the "100 Best Places to Work” list, and Working Mother magazine regularly recognizes it as one of the 100 best companies for working mothers.
This position is part of our RD&E Base of Pyramid team, whose mission is to enable malaria and other mosquito-borne disease prevention among the world’s poorest four billion people. We work with leading government and non-government institutions, academia and private industry to develop new offerings and create access to those in need. We strive to create sustainable business models that improve lives, leveraging the best of both philanthropic and for-profit commercial strategies.
The Associate Manager-Entomologist position provides expertise to guide the development of innovative, affordable and effective pest control solutions focused on mosquitoes and other disease vectors in Base of Pyramid markets. This includes design and implementation of research plans involving both laboratory and field testing to evaluate the performance of new and existing products. The candidate will collaborate with leading academic, NGO and industry experts to expand knowledge of integrated vector control strategies for public health and the role of consumer products in those strategies.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Provide expertise in insecticide toxicology and active ingredients
• Maintain current knowledge of global issues, technologies, and both internal and external research landscape to identify emerging opportunities in vector control
• Understand, discover, and implement emerging control technologies for household pests and disease vectors
• Provide technical expertise in test methodologies as a team member of product development teams
• Schedule, organize and lead Pest Control laboratory and field tests
• Participate in the development of new Pest Control products while fulfilling all regulatory efficacy requirements
• Document efficacy testing methodologies, data, and analysis to project teams
• Support external outreach programs
• Act as GLP study director and/or investigator for internal and external studies when appropriate
• PhD in entomology with focus on medical entomology and/or public health
• Demonstrated knowledge of pest control active ingredients
• Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and thrive in fast-paced consumer packaged goods environment
• Ability to progress multiple projects concurrently
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to deliver effective presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong written communication skills as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications
• Demonstrated experience with applied laboratory & field research
• Knowledge of pest control product regulatory requirements
• Experience interacting with international government and non-government organizations concerned with public health entomology
• Experience with designing and implementing field evaluations with entomological and epidemiological endpoints
• Familiarity with diverse and robust statistical analysis • Familiarity with requirements for GLP study direction
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Listing Expiration:60 Days
Company Name:SC Johnson
Country:United States of America