Entomology Manager, Technology & Scientific Outreach
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
This is a newly formed RD&E position within the Global Pest Control business, which will drive scientific thought leadership, play a leading role in external research engagement, and represent SC Johnson entomology research to the outside world. The position will also be responsible for creating and evaluating new technologies and developing novel measurement methods.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• People management, leading a 5+ person team, while providing in depth technical input and guidance.
• Creating scientific vision for the entomology research function
• Building and delivering internal & external facing communication and outreach, including but not limited to scientific conferences, interaction with internal international market teams, engagement with key customers, development of external publication, and others.
• Driving external research strategy, opportunity development, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships.
• New method development & validation from proof of principle through to acceptance for commercial application.
• Evaluation and development of internally and externally sourced technologies from early phase evaluation to technical readiness.
• Developing novel means of technical communication, including creating of technical visualizations for claims and communication.
• PhD Entomology with emphasis on Urban Pests
• 7-10+ years of post-graduate experience in applied research or industrial research programs
• Demonstrated record of excellence in public speaking
• Demonstrated excellence in written communication & creating novel research, as evidenced by a record of peer reviewed publication
Desired Skills & Experience
• Experienced working with a wide range of flying and crawling insects of medical and urban importance
• Direct people management experience including performance management and people development
• Experience in a consumer or industrial products with record of new product & technology commercialization
• Demonstrated expertise in pesticide active ingredients, formulations, and delivery systems
• Working knowledge of EPA registration protocols and other external regulatory bodies
• Novel testing method development & validation for use in commercial product claim substantiation
• Influence in an fast moving & complex environment
• Laboratory and field testing experience
• Expertise in insecticide toxicology and resistance management
Apply on our website at http://www.scjohnson.com/en/Careers/overview.aspx. Keyword search: 5438
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.