ESA Liaison to the EPA Office of Pesticide Programs
The ESA supports a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Liaison to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (US-EPA) Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP). The SME represents the breadth of ESA’s membership to EPA-OPP and provides critical input on topics such as the clarity of labels, guidelines for efficacy testing of pesticides on various arthropods, utility of label mitigations, spray drift, invasive arthropod species, insecticide resistance, and the role of insecticides in integrated pest management. He/she also maintains a network of entomological peers to consult on subject areas beyond those of the his expertise to provide a breadth of experience. Additionally, the SME sits on the ESA Science Policy Committee.
Dr. Allan Felsot, Professor and Extension Specialist in Entomology and Environmental Toxicology (Washington State University) is the current SME, serving a term through the November 2019 ESA Annual Meeting.
The list of ESA EPA-OPP SMEs is:
- Dr. Allan Felsot (Washington State University): July 2016 - November 2019
- Dr. Mark Whalon (Michigan State University): January 2013 - December 2015
- Dr. Gene Reagan (Louisiana State University): July 2010 - June 2012
Reports of Dr. Felsot's meetings with the EPA-OPP are below:
Reports of Dr. Whalon's meetings with the EPA-OPP are below:
- Report submitted August, 2015
- Report submitted June 9, 2014
- Report submitted April 26, 2013
- Report submitted March 21, 2013
Reports of Dr. Reagan's meetings with the EPA-OPP are below: