Physiology, Biochemistry, and Toxicology
This Section (formally IPMIS) is for people who study insects at the cellular or molecular levels, and it includes topics such as biochemistry, microbiology, toxicology, endocrinology, cytology, molecular biology, allelo chemicals, pheromones, hormones, metabolism, and others.
The PBT Section is currently activly pursuing two primary goals:
- Move PBT in new directions through the education of members and the adoption of new technologies with a workshop to be hosted in 2017 that will promote the usefulness of biotechnology for human society.
- Defend science within entomology and create a safe environment for dialogue.
PBT Section News
- PBT Section Business Meeting - September 2016
- PBT Section Governing Council Meeting - November 2016
- PBT Section Governing Board Report - November 2016
View the list of PBT-related ESA Awards
- Please consider nominating a student or collegue for one, or more, of these awards. Nominations for awards will open in early 2017.
- If you have questions about ESA Awards or the nomination process, please use the Contact PBT Section Leaders form to submit your question.
Contact PBT Section Leaders with your ideas for new PBT Section Initiatives, ways you would like to get involved, and any other important information you would like us to know.
- Thank you to all 2016 PBT Section Volunteers!
- Section Members Serving on ESA Committees
- Section Leadership Tasks and Responsibilities