P-IE Science Policy Field Tour
Balancing Pest Management and Pollinator Health
August 22-24, 2017
The P-IE Section Governing Council has received exuberant positive feedback from membership and stakeholders on the planned Science Policy Field Tour. Verbal commitments have been received by stakeholders aligned to public service agencies, policymakers, NGOs, beekeeping organizations, and crop protection and commodity groups. We anticipate the tour will provide opportunities to exchange novel ideas and gain knowledge to shape pest management and pollinator protection policies into the future.
- August 22-24, 2017: Start in Jackson, MS; visit sites in the Mississippi Delta Agricultural Region; return to Jackson.
- Registration cost of $500 per person (includes hotel reservations for two nights, meals, and bus transportation to tour locations) will be due in early April 2017.
- To maintain an intimate and productive experience during the tour, there will be no more than 25 slots available for P-IE members.
- The selection committee will strongly consider geographical and sub-discipline diversity, as well as potential for career-impacting opportunties for attendees. The intent is to include entomologists from all career levels, including students and early career professionals, at at the event.
- The P-IE Pollinator Committee, P-IE Governing Council, and Field Tour Organizers will serve as the selection committee.
- The criteria specified for student awards will be similarly applied to all applications for ranking based on responses.
- Contact Diane Alston with questions about the application form or process.
- Additional tour and local arrangement details
- View the Frequently Asked Questions
- Synopsis of the Mississippi Case Study that inspired this event