C.V. Riley Award
The purpose of the C. V. Riley Award is to provide recognition to members of the North Central Branch of the Entomological Society of America who have made outstanding contributions to the science of entomology.
The nominee must be widely recognized in both the NCB and in the ESA as a major contributor to the science of entomology. The nominee must have been a member of the NCB for the immediate previous 5 years. The awardee is not eligible to receive any other NCB award for the current year. Previous awardees are not eligible for the C.V. Riley Award. For nominees who were not selected last year, the nominator and nominee should consider re-submitting the nomination with updated nomination materials.
Electronic Submission Requirements
All nomination packages must be submitted electronically according to the following specifications (paper nominations will not be accepted):
- Only the following file formats will be accepted: PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format), RTF (Rich Text Format), TIF graphic files, or JPG graphic files. Files created on either PC or MAC platforms will be accepted. Please make sure scanned images can be clearly read on a computer screen.
- Font size for text may not be smaller than 11 point.
- The maximum upload size is 2 MB per file.
- Nominators are encouraged, though not required, to submit the package as one continuous document rather than as individual files.
Nominations should include:
- Letter of nomination with emphasis on the individual's contributions to the science of entomology.
- CV of the nominee, to include a list of professional positions, a narrative overview of professional accomplishments (research, teaching, and/or extension), a list of publications, a summary of service activities, and a summary of awards, honors, and special recognitions
- Two letters of support (in addition to the letter of nomination). The nomination package is not to exceed 20 pages (11-point font or larger), including the letter of nomination and supporting letters. For questions about this award, please contact the chair of the Honorary Awards Committee.
Selection of Nominees
The North Central Branch Honorary Awards Committee will evaluate all eligible nominations. A recipient will be chosen by the committee based on information received in the nominations. The committee reserves the right to solicit additional information if necessary to make final selections.
Recognition of Awardees
The awardee will be recognized at the Annual Meeting of the North Central Branch with an plaque presented by the NCB President.
Applications must be submitted by December 1, 2017.
Submit a Nomination
Visit the North Central Branch Awards Website to submit a nomination.