PBESA Physiology, Biochemistry, and Toxicology Award
To be awarded to an individual who has an outstanding record of accomplishment in at least one of the entomological sub-disciplines of physiology, biochemistry, and toxicology. This award will recognize those who study biochemistry, microbiology, toxicology, endocrinology, cytology, molecular biology, allelochemicals, pheromones, hormones, metabolism, or other related areas.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
- Letter of nomination
- CV of the nominee
- Up to three letters of endorsement
- Three of the most relevant reprints (does not count towards the 20 page limit).
Submit the award nomination packet through the Pacific Branch Award Nomination Website.
- Extent and quality of accomplishments in biochemistry, microbiology, toxicology, endocrinology, cytology, molecular biology, allelochemicals, pheromones, hormones, metabolism, and/or other related areas (50 pts)
- Extent and quality of work within the Pacific Branch region (30 pts)
- Extent and quality of impacts of work on students, stakeholders, colleagues, and others (20 pts)
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
Nomination packages must be received by the ESA Awards Administrator via the Pacific Branch Nomination Website by Monday February 6, 2017 at 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format. In addition, a notification of intent to nominate is requested by Monday December 19, 2016 via email to email@example.com.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process please email Chuck Burks or contact at (559)596-2757.