PBESA Systematics, Evolution, and Biodiversity Award
This award recognizes an individual who has achieved excellence in at least one of the entomological sub-disciplines of systematics, evolution, and biodiversity. Accomplishments in morphology, ecology, genetics, phylogeny, nomenclature, biogeography, and other related areas are eligible.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
- Letter of nomination
- CV of the nominee
- Up to three letters of recommendation
- Three of the most relevant reprints (does not count towards the 20 page limit).
Submit the award nomination packet through the Pacific Branch Award Nomination Website.
Evaluation Criteria (100 points total)
- Extent and quality of accomplishments in insect morphology, ecology, genetics, phylogeny, nomenclature, biogeography, and/or other related areas (50 pts)
- Extent and quality of work within the Pacific Branch region (30 pts)
- Extent and quality of impacts of work on students, stakeholders, colleagues, and others (20 pts)
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
Nomination packages must be received by the ESA Awards Administrator via the Pacific Branch Nomination Website by Monday February 6, 2017 at 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format. In addition, a notification of intent to nominate is requested by Monday December 19, 2016 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process please email Chuck Burks or contact at (559)596-2757.