PBT Recognition Award in Insect Physiology, Biochemistry and Toxicology
Sponsored by Apex Bait Technologies, Inc.
This award was established in 1996 to recognize and encourage innovative research in the areas of insect physiology, biochemistry, and toxicology in the broad sense. The areas of research may include development, molecular biology, genetics, defense mechanisms, and other offshoots of physiology, biochemistry, and toxicology. This annual award consists of $1,500 and an inscribed plaque. The awardee is presented with the plaque at the PBT Section Meeting at the ESA Annual Meeting.
Previously this award was offered as the ESA Recognition Award in Insect Physiology, Biochemistry and Toxicology. Starting in 2018 it is the PBT Recognition Award in Insect Physiology, Biochemistry and Toxicology and it is required that you are a PBT Section Member to apply for the award.
Please select below to find out more about the award:
Each nominee must be a current PBT ESA member and have contributed significantly to the advancement of basic or applied entomological research. An individual may receive this award only once.
Submit a Nominee -
All nomination packages must be submitted electronically to the Physiology, Biochemistry and Toxicology Section Nomination Site according to the following specifications (paper nominations will not be accepted):
- Page Limits – The entire nomination package must not exceed 20 pages total. This include letters of nomination or recommendation and publication lists. This includes anonymous letters of support sent to ESA separately, please factor in these letters into the package length. Packages over 20 pages will not be considered.
Letters of nomination must be included in the electronic package, letter of recommendation may be included in the package or submitted *anonymously via e-mail electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Printed letters will not be accepted.
Only the following file formats will be accepted: PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format), RTF (Rich Text Format), TIF graphic files, or JPG graphic files. Files created on either PC or MAC platforms will be accepted. Please make sure scanned images can be clearly read on a computer screen.
Font size for text may not be smaller than 10 point.
The nomination site requires a single nomination packet via one PDF file. If you do not have software to merge the documents, please send all of your files to email@example.com for assistance.
- CV-Related Items - Nominators must provide a CV which includes the below sections. For a full listing of what should be included in each of the sections click here.
- Section 1 - Background Information
- Section 2 - Research
- Other Items -
- Letter of nomination summarizing the nominee's professional accomplishments in support of the nomination
- Three letters of recommendation
- Research Contributions (80 points total)
- Quality of research (25)
- Originality of research (10)
- Quality of publications (10)
- Evaluation by colleagues, peers, constituents (15)
- Impact of research findings on the understanding of the subject (20)
- Supporting Information (20 points total)
- Participation and leadership in honor and professional societies (10)
- Awards, honors, and special recognition's received (10)
Nomination packages must be received by ESA headquarters by June 1. This deadline refers to receipt by the awards administrator of a complete package in a readable format. Therefore, early submission is highly recommended. All nomination packets will not be able to be changed after June 1.
Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be renominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission. Nomination packages will be retained for two years by the awards administrator. Nominators must send a letter of renomination to the awards administrator by the nomination deadline above. Previously submitted documentation will be used for the evaluation process unless the nominator submits new or updated documents. The renomination e-mail must contain this additional documentation. New or updated documents must follow the electronic submission requirements noted above.
For questions about this award, please click here.