Research Entomologist/Principal Investigator - Mosquito Control
We are Clarke, a privately-held global environmental products and services company. For more than 70 years, Clarke has been making communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable by pioneering, developing and delivering environmentally responsible public health mosquito control and aquatic services. Our services help prevent disease, control nuisances and create healthy waterways. Our global customers include governments, commercial and residential groups, and international institutions such as UNICEF and U.S. AID.
In support of this commitment, we are seeking a Research Entomologist/Principal Investigator to study the behavior of mosquitoes in both a laboratory and field setting.
All research performed will be maintained as the property of Clarke and not available for publication.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs research and related activities to support the characterization and calibration of application equipment.
- Make recommendations on application testing methodology for mosquito control.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of written reports including, but not limited to, project methodology and data interpretation.
- Writes and presents the results of lab and field trials and other research in the form of reports, presentations, and in weekly meetings.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of modules associated with assigned research.
- Accurately document and communicate daily work activities
Successful Candidate should possess:
- M.S. (Ph.D. a plus) in entomology (preferred), biology, environmental science, agribusiness, or related field.
- Experience with biological research techniques, statistical analysis, a working knowledge of chemistry and general laboratory procedures. GLP experience a plus!
- Ability to work independently, think critically, and adapt based on observations and learning.
- Experience in mosquito research and/or mosquito control is desired.
- Computer proficiency and aptitude related to data collection and interpretation, report writing and presentation.
- Ability to interpret scientific reports, including but not limited to probability and statistical inference, and effectively utilize information in performance and management of job duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to effectively partner and support teambuilding efforts with employees, management, department and cross-functional initiatives to meet performance objectives and support the mission and vision of the Company.
- Ability and desire to work in both a laboratory and field setting. Some travel will be required.
Working at Clarke, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. You will learn from some of the most talented people in your field and make an impact on the world around us. With Clarke, you join an innovative and passionate team where people are the heart and soul of the organization, working together to create an environment where the employees thrive and nature flourishes.
Compensation & Benefits: We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package (including bonus, comprehensive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401k and profit sharing). Limited relocation assistance is available.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
Click here to apply: Clarke Career Site