Southeastern Branch Award for Excellence in Integrated Pest Management
This award recognizes and encourages outstanding contributions to integrated pest management in North America and U.S. possessions. Recipients of this award are nominated for the ESA Award for Excellence in Integrated Pest Management.
Previous Winners: View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Eligibility: Nominations for this award may be made by any ESA-SEB member or unit administrator in the SEB region. Members of the Awards Committee are not eligible to nominate candidates or receive this award during their terms. The award will be presented at the ESA-SEB Annual Meeting. The recipient is expected to be present at this meeting to receive the award.
Nomination Requirements: Individual nominations may be made by any ESA member, but nominations through an ESA Branch are encouraged. Each Branch should submit one new nominee each year. The Branches should select their nominee on a merit basis from a review of recently published work.
Nominations packages for this award must include:
- Cover page with the year and name, address, telephone number and email address of nominee
- Letter of nomination
- Academic record, including degrees, dates and institutions
- Brief description of employment and professional experience in IPM
- Statement of IPM accomplishments on which the nomination is based
- Assessment of the nominee's accomplishments emphasizing work during the preceding 10-year period to be recognized by the award
- Professional activities during past 10 years, including professional society offices and memberships
- List of publications and patents during past 10 years
- List of scholarly presentations during past 10 years
- Related information, including awards and other recognition
- Additional supporting information, including no more than three letters of recommendation from professional colleagues
Copies of some relevant publications written by the nominee that were published during the last 10 years must accompany the nomination. A bibliography of the nominee’s publications during this time period also is to be provided.
Evaluation Criteria: Nominees/candidates will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
1. Research (70 points total)
- Recentness of accomplishment (last 3-4 years) (10)
- Directly related to IPM (10)
- Quality of research (10)
- Originality of research (10)
- Interpretation of results (10)
- Quality of publication upon which nomination is based (10)
- Honors, awards, achievements, and recognition (10)
2.Impact of Research Findings (select one, up to 30 points)
- Minor (1)
- Moderate (5)
- Important (10)
- Great (20)
- Outstanding (30)
Deadline for Nomination Submissions: The ESA SEB Members Award Chair must receive nomination packages by Friday December 15, 2017. This deadline refers to receipt of a complete package in a readable format. Therefore, early submission is highly recommended. All submissions must be placed through the Southeastern Branch Award submission site.
Renomination: Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be renominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission. Renomination packages will be retained for two years by the awards administrator. Nominators must send a letter of renomination to the awards administrator by the award deadline above. Previously submitted documentation will be used for the evaluation process unless the nominator submits new or updated documents. The renomination e-mail must contain this additional documentation. New or updated documents must follow the electronic submission requirements noted above.
Questions: Email G. David Buntin