2011 YouTube Your Entomology Contest
Lanham, MD; April 11, 2011 – ESA has begun accepting entries for the 2011 YouTube Your Entomology Video Contest. For the third year in a row, this contest gives ESA members the opportunity to showcase their talents and creativity through video.
Members may submit entries in four different categories:
* Discovery (research-based)
* Instruction (teaching-based)
* Outreach (extension-based)
* Open category (anything goes, for the uber-creative entomologist)
The rules for this year's contest are:
1. Maximum length of videos is three minutes. Videos longer than 3:00 minutes will be disqualified from the contest.
2. At least one submitter of the video must be an ESA member.
3. The submitter must send the video to ESA using the (free) YouSendIt program or some other file-sharing tool, and then must contact the ESA office with the video's title, description, and category (outreach, instruction, discovery, or open). Judges retain the right to reassign videos to other categories if the content is deemed inappropriate.
4. Videos must be submitted by midnight (EST), September 15, 2011.
All videos will be displayed on the ESA YouTube Channel, and the winning entries will be shown at the Opening Session of the ESA Annual Meeting in Reno, Nevada, November13-16, 2011.
Winners from each category will receive $200.00 and a trophy.
All file formats that are compatible with YouTube will be accepted. To participate, go to www.yousendit.com (it's free), and then send your video to Richard Levine at email@example.com. If your video is already on YouTube somewhere, email the link to Richard.
The deadline is September 15, 2011.
If you have problems or questions, contact: Richard Levine, 301-731-4535, ext. 3009, or firstname.lastname@example.org.