Hilton Grand Vacations Club Tours
2011 ESA Pacific Branch Meeting
March 27-30, 2011
Hilton Grand Vacations Club tours including the Volcano Lava Combo Tour, Sport Fishing, Whale Watching, Luau, Mauna Kea Summit Adventure, Helicopter Tour, Snorkel Tour, Circle Island Tour, Ziplining, and Champagne Sunset Sail can be arranged by contacting Tammy Baker at the Hilton Waikoloa Guest Welcome Center or Discovering Hawaii office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 574-309-3540.
Below is a list of tours your group may be interested in booking prior to their arrival. Prices & times are subject to change. At the end of this email, you'll find my contact info. I'm looking forward to assisting you with your activities! When you contact me to book your activities, I'll need to know your name, cell phone number, activity choice, the date of your activity choice, the number of people & ages if they're children, if food is provided... any special dietary needs & your credit card info.
1. Volcano Lava Combo Tour- Drive over Saddle Rd & stop at Mauna Kea State Park, scenic drive to Rainbow Falls, lunch at Hilo Coffee Mill, explore the Volcano National Park, BBQ Dinner at private Macadamia Nut & Honey farm, black sand beach, lava viewing area for the lava show & return drive on Hamakua Coast. Wear tennis shoes or hiking sandals & bring along a jacket to be prepared for cooler evening temperatures or rain. $165.62/person. Pick up in lower lobby at 10:30am, return at 10:30pm.
2. Sportfishing- Just south of the Kona airport is the harbor. You'll need a car to get there. It takes about 30 minutes from the hotel. There are 2 Half Day times available... 6:15am-10:30am or 11am- 3pm. For a Half Day Share, the cost is $135/person. There will be others on board with you. For a Half Day, the cost is $550/group. A limit of 6 people can go out at a time, plus the captain. You will be the only guests on board. Coolers are provided, so you can bring your own beverages & snacks with you.
3. Whale Watching- Each day, there are 3 times for this activity... 8am, 10am & 3pm. You're picked up in the lower lobby prior to your sail time & taken to the boat where your adventure begins. You'll sail the Kohala Coast for 2 hours observing the Humpback Whales during their breeding & birthing season. You'll enjoy narration & education about the whales, along with hearing their "whale songs" on the hydrophones. You're guaranteed to see whales, otherwise you go again FREE! The 2 morning times are $93/adult and $47/child 6-12 yrs. The afternoon time is Whales & Cocktails and the cost is $104/adult and $52/child.
4. Luau- Every Tuesday, Friday & Sunday, The Legends of the Pacific Luau takes place here at the Hilton in the Kamehameha Court. It's an all you can eat buffet, 2 cocktails & a show of dance & music of the Polynesian cultures of the Pacific Rim. The cost is $99/adult, $89/teenager or senior (65+) & $51/child 5-12 yrs. There is an upgrade available for $26 more per person. This is Ali'i seating up front where all the action is happening, a butler to serve all the food to your table, rather than waiting & going through the buffet line & unlimited cocktails. Check in time is at 5:30pm, dinner is served around 6pm, the show begins at 7:15pm & you're finished by a little after 8pm.
5. Mauna Kea Summit Adventure- Pick up time is 3:15pm at Starbucks in the Queen's Marketplace. You can take the shuttle from the Hilton for this 1 mile trip. It's $1/person each time you ride the shuttle. Your guide will tell you about the islands geography, cultural & natural history. You'll have dinner (your choice of Chicken Teriyaki or Korean Boneless Beef Short Ribs), then travel all the way to the top of Mauna Kea (13,796 feet) to see a dramatic sunset. You'll be given a parka to keep you warm. These are men's sizes, so I'll need to know each person's size. You'll then go to the visitors center level to do some amazing stargazing. You'll learn the night sky from Polaris to the Southern Cross & see the treasures of the night sky through a powerful telescope. For your safety, persons with heart conditions, respiratory problems, SCUBA divers (within 24 hours), weak, ill or seriously obese persons, pregnant women & children under 13 should not take this trip. Cost is $200/person. You'll return around 10:30pm.
6. Helicopter Tour- There are 4 flight times each day for the Big Island Spectacular 2 hour tour... 7am, 9:15am, 12:15pm & 2:30pm. You'll be picked up from the lower lobby 1 hour prior to flight time. Each helicopter seats 6 passengers, plus the pilot. There are 2 helicopters to choose from... the A Star-a compact cabin with bench style seating $424.80/person or the Eco Star-a 1st class cabin with stadium style seating with 23% more interior space, better visibility & a quieter, smoother ride $531/person. Passengers weighing more than 250 lbs will be assessed a "comfort seat" charge. On this tour, you'll discover the Big Island's beauty & its volcanic fury. See the lava & volcanic badlands, lush rainforests, Hamakua Coast, tropical valleys of the Kohala Mountains & dozens of cascading waterfalls. This is absolutely the best way to see waterfalls & the volcano lava activity. Wear a dark colored shirt for best photos through the glass. I need each persons name & body weight for this tour.
7. Snorkel Tour- Your trip is on a 58' catamaran where you'll explore a black sand beach created by ancient lava flows & snorkel with marine naturalists among colorful reefs, exotic tropical fish & endangered green sea turtles. Enjoy a delicious picnic spread & there will be mai tais, beer & wine awaiting your return on board. Pick up is at 10:05am in the lower lobby & you'll return by 2:30pm. Cost is $132/adult & $66/child 6-12 yrs.
8. Circle Island Tour- Your bus will pick you up from the lower lobby at 8:50am & you'll return about 12 hours later. You'll drive through Kailua-Kona, past coffee plantations, the Kealakekua Bay overlook, sugar cane fields, the Hamakua coast, Parker Ranch lands, stop at Punalu'u Black Sand Beach, explore Volcanoes National Park, shop at Big Island Candies, stop at Rainbow Falls and the orchid nursery. There's a no host lunch, and you can bring your own refreshments along. Cost is $87.50/person.
9. Ziplining- You can drive yourself or a pick up from the Waikoloa Beach Resort is offered at 9:15am. When you utilize the transportation, lunch is included & you would return around 5pm. The cost is $229/person, & your lunch choices are turkey, tuna or vegie wrap and pasta, potato salad or cole slaw. If you drive yourself the cost is $197/person, and multiple times throughout the day are available. It takes an hour and a half to get there, and 3 hours to do the ziplining. There are 9 different lines over 14 waterfalls along the Umauma River. Experience the longest line on the island of 2100' and a 1700' double line where 2 of you can race across at the same time! You must be 10 years old & weigh between 80 - 260 lbs. Wear long shorts & closed toed shoes.
10. Champagne Sunset Sail- Relax aboard a 65' catamaran as you sail for 2 hours into the Kohala Coast Sunset, where you may see the legendary "green flash" or dolphins & whales as they play. Enjoy the panoramic view of the Kohala Coast, the only way to view the 5 volcanoes from one place. Dine from an acclaimed Paniolo Pupu menu, beer, wine, tropical fruit juice, mai tais & Champagne at sunset. Renew your vows as the captain performs a special ceremony with flower lei, Champagne & a personalized vow renewal certificate (nominal charge applies). Pick up from the lower lobby is around 3:30pm & you'll return about 45 minutes after sunset. Cost is $110/adult & $55/child 6-12 yrs.
Please let me know if there are any other activities you'd like information on.
Aloha & Mahalo!