Joint Annual Meeting Volunteers
Volunteers Earn Reimbursed Annual Meeting Registration
ESA's Volunteer Program offers students and early career professionals the opportunity to be a part of the Annual Meeting, where they can gain exposure for their work, network with colleagues and friends, and expand their careers. Student and early-career professional (ECP) members of ESA, ESC, and ESBC who serve as volunteers and work a minimum of 6 hours at the Annual Meeting are eligible for $150 USD reimbursement of their registration fee* after the meeting.
Benefits: $150 of your early-bird registration fee is reimbursed after the meeting. This program provides you with an excellent opportunity to become more involved with the Society and to network with a major cross-section of professionals attending the Annual Meeting.
*ESA will reimburse up to $150 towards the registration fee if all criteria and deadlines are met; volunteer provides a minimum of 6 hours work.
New Process this year!
We are excited to announce a new lottery system this year for student volunteers at the annual meeting.
- An email will be sent out to all registered (and paid) students, student transition, and early professionals on September 24th.
- If you meet all of the requirements listed below, individuals will enter into a pool of volunteers by filling out an online form. The volunteer form will remain open for 72 hours.
- Once the form closes, ESA will randomly select volunteers (on a lottery system) and will contact those individuals on October 4th directly with access to the volunteer schedule so they are able to schedule their hours.
- Volunteers will have one week to fill out their schedule. If the volunteer does not have 6 hours scheduled by October 11th, they will be removed from the schedule and someone else will be selected in your place.
- You must be a registered (and paid) attendee (student, student transition, and early professionals only) by the early bird deadline of September 17, 2018 and must be a member of ESA, ESC, or ESBC.
- You must be able to attend one of the below 30 minute training sessions prior to your first session of volunteering.
Saturday November 10, 2018 at 6:00 pm
Sunday November 11, 2018 at 12:30 pm
- You must be able to complete 6 hours of volunteer time.
- Volunteers are expected to show up on time and work their full shifts.
September 24 – The call for volunteers and sign up form will go out to all registered (and paid) students, student transition, and early professionals.
September 27 – The online form to be entered into the pool of candidates closes (1:00 PM EST).
October 4 – An email will be sent to the selected individuals (by random) with the link to the schedule. Volunteers will have one week to select their volunteer positions.
October 11 – Anyone who does not have 6 hours scheduled will be removed from the system.