Entomology 2019 Annual Meeting Volunteers
ESA's Volunteer Program offers students and early career professionals the opportunity to be a part of the Annual Meeting, where they can gain exposure for their work, network with colleagues and friends, and expand their careers. Student and early-career professional (ECP) ESA members who serve as volunteers and work a minimum of 6 hours at the Annual Meeting are eligible for $150 USD reimbursement of their registration fee* after the meeting.
Benefits: $150 of your early-bird registration fee is reimbursed after the meeting. This program provides you with an excellent opportunity to become more involved with the Society and to network with a major cross-section of professionals attending the Annual Meeting.
*ESA will reimburse up to $150 towards the registration fee if all criteria and deadlines are met; volunteer provides a minimum of 6 hours work.
All volunteers will be selected on a lottery system.
- An email will be sent out to all registered (and paid) students, student transition, and early professionals on September 25th.
- If you meet all of the requirements listed below, individuals will enter into a pool of volunteers by filling out an online form. The volunteer form will remain open until September 29th at 12 midnight (EST).
- Once the form closes, ESA will randomly select volunteers (on a lottery system) and will contact those individuals on October 3rd directly with access to the volunteer schedule so they are able to schedule their hours.
- Volunteers will have one week to fill out their schedule. If the volunteer does not have 6 hours scheduled by October 10th, they will be removed from the schedule and someone else will be selected in their place.
- You must be registered in full for the Annual Meeting with a paid student, student transition, or early professional member registration by the advance rate deadline of September 23, 2019.
- You must be able to attend one of the below 30 minute training sessions prior to your first session of volunteering. Failure to attend one of the below sessions will disqualify you from being eligible to volunteer in future years.
Saturday November 16, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Sunday November 17, 2019 at 12:30 pm
- You must be able to complete 6 hours of volunteer time.
- Volunteers are expected to show up on time and work their full shifts.
September 25 – The call for volunteers and sign up form will be sent via email to all registered (and paid) students, student transition, and early professionals.
September 29 – The online form to be entered into the pool of candidates closes (12 Midnight EST).
October 3 – An email will be sent to the randomly selected individuals with the link to the schedule. Volunteers will have one week to select their volunteer positions.
October 10 – Anyone who does not have 6 hours scheduled will be removed from the system.
For any questions on the volunteer program contact Cindy Myers.