YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Agricultural/Entomology Research, are to:
- Deliver daily/weekly targets;
- Contribute to solving problems of routine to moderate scope;
- Assist in experimental design to optimize workflows;
- Validate methods using multiple data sources;
- Understand technical literature for problem solving;
- Participate in moderate to extensive problem solving which requires original thought;
- Demonstrate good judgment when identifying and implementing process improvements;
- Assist in troubleshooting instrumentation;
- Adhere to established protocols and techniques;
- Solve problems with others using multiple data sources;
- Prioritize and coordinate work within a large team and provide training to contingent workforce;
- Maintain detailed record keeping and required documentation;
- Achieve commitment to safety and adherence to safety protocols and best practices;
- Perform a variety of experiments with accuracy;
- Demonstrate knowledge of specialized laboratory and scientific techniques;
- Prepare, communicate and interpret results of complex experiments, production Key Performance Improvements (KPIs), cost/benefit analysis, and lab related issues to partners and key stakeholders;
- Thrive on meeting challenges, insist on high quality deliverables, and demonstrate effective problem-solving skills;
- Have proven initiative in some categories of accomplishments, either individually or as part of a group;
- Show initiative in keeping abreast of literature in field of interest.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science with experience in academia or industry OR Non-degreed with eight years of relevant experience;
- Strong molecular biology, plant biology, plant physiology, crop science, entomology, weed science, or plant pathology acumen with the ability to assist in the design and analysis of experiments;
- High throughput laboratory or field automation experience with mechanical aptitude for operating and troubleshooting automation;
- Proficiency with data analysis and visualization software.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.