Entomology 2021 and COVID-19 Safety Planning
In order to create a safe environment for in-person networking and collaboration, attendees may be required to share either their immunization or testing status to enter the Convention Center. Additional information will be provided in September as we continue to evaluate the risks of spreading COVID-19 and creating a safe environment for our members and attendees while in Denver.
ESA will host our first hybrid meeting offering with both in-person and virtual presentations as part of our scientific program. The Annual Meeting will combine four days of an in-person meeting with 3 months of virtual content available for all registrants to access from October 20, 2021 through January 31, 2022, allowing us to reach members all over the world, regardless of travel.
We want all our attendees to feel comfortable traveling to downtown Denver. As a presenter, if you change your mind about attending in-person, we will allow you to change to a virtual presentation format and refund the fee difference from an in-person registration to a virtual registration.
For those joining us in-person, we are partnering with the Colorado Convention Center (CCC) and the Hyatt Regency Denver to provide a safe meeting site for all our members. Below are a few initiatives we are implementing for the meeting in Denver*.
- Sanitation stations throughout the convention center and hotel meeting space with nightly deep cleaning/sanitation.
- Expanded square footage to allow better movement through our indoor meeting space.
- Larger session rooms with clear entrances and exits to manage flow.
- Larger exhibit hall with wider aisles and separate exhibit booths spaced 6-10 feet apart.
- Touchless registration including pre-mailing attendee badges.
- Eliminated a printed program book to allow real time presenter changes.
- Mask requirements within the convention center and hotel meeting space (masks can be removed by presenters at the podium).
- Hand sanitizer provided at all shared computer stations.
- Reduced soft surfaces including eliminating exhibit carpet to allow for nightly deep cleaning/sanitation.
- New safety protocols for exhibitors from setup to teardown will be implemented in partnership with the CCC and Freeman Decorating.
- Waived cancellation fees for attendees who choose not to attend the in-person meeting.
- All presenters may choose to present a pre-recorded, on-demand presentation loaded to the virtual platform.
View the Colorado Convention Center’s enhanced cleaning practices with hospital grade products before you arrive to Denver and download their attendee guide.
*This is an ever-changing list and will be updated as we continue to receive more information on best-practices in post-pandemic meeting planning.