Entomology 2021 and COVID-19 Safety Planning
ESA is partnering with the Colorado Convention Center (CCC) and the Hyatt Regency Denver to provide a safe meeting site for all our members. Below are a few initiatives we are implementing for the meeting in Denver*.
- Sanitation stations throughout the convention center and hotel meeting space.
- Expanded square footage to allow better movement through our indoor meeting space.
- Larger session rooms with clear entrances and exits to manage flow.
- Larger exhibit hall with wider aisles and separate exhibit booths spaced 6-10 feet apart.
- Touchless registration including pre-mailing attendee badges.
- Mask requirements within the convention center and hotel meeting space (however masks can be removed by presenters at the podium).
- Hand sanitizer provided at all shared computer stations.
- Reduced soft surfaces including eliminating exhibit carpet to allow for nightly deep cleaning/sanitation.
- New safety protocols for exhibitors from setup to teardown will be implemented in partnership with the CCC and Freeman Decorating.
- Waived cancellation fees for attendees who choose not to attend the in-person meeting.
- All presenters may choose to present a pre-recorded, on-demand presentation loaded to the virtual platform.
While we anticipate being in person in 2021, the safety and well-being of our members comes first. If we need to transition to a fully virtual event as we did in 2020, we will be re-opening submissions for presenters and symposia organizers to be sure everyone is comfortable with a virtual format.
*This is an ever-changing list and will be updated as we continue to receive more information on best-practices in post-pandemic meeting planning.