Applied Science & Technologies Quality Control Specialist
Summary: Responsible for the management of a quality-controlled, mass-rearing mosquito program. Tests and releases male mosquitoes as part of a sterile insect technique project.
- Master of Science degree in Natural Sciences, Entomology or related field from an accredited college or university
- Must hold a current Public Health License or obtain one within six (6) months of employment and maintain certification by earning appropriate CEUs (continuing education units)
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and be able to perform repetitive tasks in a precise, consistent manner
- Class E FL Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English including the ability to understand technical instructions
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate in front of an audience
- Must have excellent computer skills and a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, and have the ability to learn and operate internal, web-based, GPS and mapping programs including entering data into phone Apps and databases
- Must be able to work a varied schedule, including working on weekends or holidays as needed
The pay range for this non-exempt position starts at $23.15 - $25.07 depending on experience. Excellent benefits package includes Florida Retirement System, medical, dental, life/LTD/STD and generous paid time off package.
Please submit a resume and application (found on our website) to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the application instructions at https://www.lcmcd.com/careers/employment-application-form/. This position is open until filled.
EOE/DFWP. Veterans’ preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.
Job Type: Full-time