Applied Science & Technologies Technician
Summary: Maintains Sterile Insect Technique (SIT) insectaries, performs male/female pupae separation, prepares adult male mosquitoes for release and performs a variety of support functions for the SIT program.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and be able to perform repetitive tasks in a precise, consistent manner
- Must be comfortable with handling blood products and/or chickens on a regular basis
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Must have basic computer skills and have the ability to learn and operate internal, web based, GPS and mapping programs including entering data into phone Apps and databases
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including working evening shifts each week to accommodate trapping schedule
- Must have an ability to ride in helicopters
- Must be able to read and understand chemical label instructions in English
- Must pass the CORE and Public Health exams within six months of hire and be able to maintain certification by earning appropriate CEU’s (continuing education units)
The pay range for this non-exempt position starts at $15.84 -$18.47 depending on experience. Excellent benefits package includes Florida Retirement System, medical, dental, vision, life/LTD/STD and generous paid time off package.
Please submit a resume and application (found on our website) to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the application instructions at https://www.lcmcd.com/careers/employment-application-form/https://www.lcmcd.com/careers/employment-application-form/ no later than Friday August 14, 2020.
EOE/DFWP. Veterans’ preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.
Job Type: Full-time