Assistant Specialist in Cooperative Extension - Agricultural Applications Engineer
The University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources
Area Cooperative Extension Specialist
Serving San Joaquin Valley counties
For full consideration, visit the online job board at http://ucanr.edu/Jobs/Jobs_990/?jobnum=1334, access the full position announcement and academic application form. Submit via e-mail to ANRacademicsearch@ucanr.edu your cover letter, completed academic application form, curriculum vitae and all university transcripts no later than Monday, April 9, 2018.
The University of California’s division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR) seeks an Assistant Specialist in Cooperative Extension to provide regional leadership in the area of agricultural engineering extension and applied research, with a focus on spray application engineering.
We seek a specialist who will:
- develop a strong applied engineering research program in perennial specialty crops, addressing critical complex issues identified through a needs assessment,
- provide overall leadership for planning and coordination of extension education in application engineering in perennial specialty crop systems in the San Joaquin Valley of California,
- research and collaborate with a wide range of UC colleagues, including UC ANR Workgroups and Program Teams, CE advisors, CE specialists, UC Agricultural Experiment Station (AES) faculty and others within the research/extension network, regional, national and international experts in the fields of agricultural engineering, pest management, and environmental quality,
- disseminate useful, science-based information to inform clientele, using extension methods that are responsive to clientele needs and appropriate for the audience and situation.
For information about UC ANR, the rich breadth of program scope and delivery, and how we are making a difference in California, candidates are invited to visit our Web site: http://ucanr.edu/.
This is an academic career track appointment with the following required skill set:
- A minimum of a doctoral degree with a background in agricultural engineering with a preferred emphasis on spray application technology and/or machinery design earned by the appointment start date,
- Ability to build partnerships and to work with multidisciplinary teams to address production and environmental challenges,
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills,
- The Specialist in CE must possess or obtain a Qualified Pesticide Applicator Certificate (QAC) or license (QAL) prior to applying or supervising the application of any pesticide.
Possessing demonstrated excellence in applied agricultural research and extension is a highly desirable attribute.
Beginning salary will be in the Assistant Specialist in Cooperative Extension rank, and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. Please reference the applicable salary table at this link: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/263316.pdf. For UC Benefits information visit the UC Benefits Web site: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/.
For position announcement containing list of required academic application packet content, visit http://ucanr.edu/Jobs/Jobs_990/?jobnum=1334. Please, contact Karen Ellsworth @email@example.com or (530)750-1284 for more information or questions.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.