Associate Director and Coordinator, Pesticide Safety and Environmental Education (PSEE)
Appointment: Full-time, Admin Consultant/Analyst 2 (9341A2)
Location: Andover Regional Extension Office, Andover, MN
Program Area: Extension Center for Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources (AFNR)
Reports To: Associate Dean, Extension Center for Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
Application Review: August 5, 2019 initial deadline; Open until filled
University of Minnesota Extension is hiring for an Associate Director and Coordinator, Pesticide Safety and Environmental Education (PSEE). As the director of the Pesticide Safety and Environmental Education (PSEE) program, this person is expected to work closely with Extension faculty and administration to strategically integrate the program’s educational efforts with the research and education/Extension efforts of other related programs. Key roles of the position include:
- Providing strategic direction for the PSEE program;
- Administering PSEE’s operations, both internally and externally, and its staff; and
- Integrating programming of PSEE and campus and field Extension faculty.
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, horticulture, entomology, natural resources, environmental science, plant pathology, weed science, forestry, pest management or closely related applied science.
- At least 8 years of professional or other work experience and/or educational specialization related to pest management in agriculture, horticulture or natural resources. Years of experience can include time spent in graduate education programs if applicable.
- Ability to integrate researched-based and technical information to produce effective educational materials for adult learners. Information should be gathered from scientific and educational literature and from subject matter experts across academic disciplines, industries and professions.
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Education for adult learners;
- Project management;
- Managing budgets and staff.
- Strong formal and interpersonal verbal, written, social media or other communication skills.
- Proficient in routine computer and Internet skills (e.g., MS Office, Google Suite, content management systems, etc.)
- Must be able to meet the travel requirements of the position. Travel includes overnight and multi-day trips to state, regional, and national trainings, meetings, and conferences.
- Advanced degree in agronomy, horticulture, entomology, natural resources, environmental science, plant pathology, weed science, forestry, pest management or closely related applied science.
- Experience in working with pesticide safety education/certification programming.
- Prior oversight of a unit/department or cross-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated commitment to developing and sustaining an inclusive work environment.
- Familiar with the use of educational software and technology including webinars, internet conferencing, social media or on-line course management.
See the full job description and apply online at, https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/331211 or in the attached pdf file.
To view more job opportunities with University of Minnesota Extension go to, https://extension.umn.edu/about-extension/careers.
University of Minnesota Extension is an equal opportunity educator and employer.