Associate Entomologist - Mosquito Control
We are Clarke, a privately-held global environmental products and services company. For more than 70 years, Clarke has been making communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable by pioneering, developing and delivering environmentally responsible public health mosquito control and aquatic services. Our services help prevent disease, control nuisances and create healthy waterways. Our global customers include governments, commercial and residential groups, and international institutions such as UNICEF and U.S. AID.
In support of our ambitious efforts to bring new and innovative products to market, we are seeking an Associate Entomologist to study the behavior of mosquitoes in field environments and in a laboratory setting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in field trial activities in support of the development and registration of mosquito control products.
- Conduct bioassay and product efficacy test to support formulation development.
- Work closely with lab and field scientist to develop new protocols and methodologies to control or understand mosquito behavior.
- Work closely with lab and field scientist to develop test new products on pest of interest
- Make recommendations on application testing methodology for mosquito control.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of written reports including, but not limited to, project methodology and data interpretation.
- Writes and presents the results of lab trials and other research in the form of reports, presentations, and in weekly meetings.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of modules associated with assigned research.
Successful Candidate should possess:
- B.S (M.S. a plus) in entomology (preferred), biology, environmental science, agribusiness, or related field.
- Experience with biological research techniques, statistical analysis, a working knowledge of chemistry and general laboratory procedures. GLP experience a plus!
- Highly organized, self-starter, with ability to work independently, think critically, and to apply learnings in the development of skills, competencies, and contributions to team.
- Experience in mosquito research and/or mosquito control is desired.
- Computer proficiency and aptitude related to data collection and interpretation, report writing and presentation.
- Ability to interpret scientific reports, including but not limited to probability and statistical inference, and effectively utilize information in performance and management of job duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to effectively partner and collaborate with departmental and cross-functional team members to meet performance objectives and support the mission and vision of the Company.
Field trial activity will be a significant focus for this position. As such, travel (more than 50%) for extended periods and at last minute notice should be expected.
Working at Clarke, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. You will learn from some of the most talented people in your field and make an impact on the world around us. With Clarke, you join an innovative and passionate team where people are the heart and soul of the organization, working together to create an environment where the employees thrive and nature flourishes.
Compensation & Benefits: We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package (including bonus, comprehensive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401k and profit sharing). Limited relocation assistance is available.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
Click here to apply: http://clarke.submit4jobs.com/index.cfm?cid=85313