Associate, Entomology- Insectary Operations
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
This position is part of the Research, Development, & Engineering group for the Global Pest Control Division. This person will be part of a team responsible for the rearing of household insect pests. They will maintain insectary operational excellence in conformance with targets & standards and will be involved in the development of new insect rearing and testing methodologies within defined projects. The candidate will provide input for project development teams on entomological science, and will conduct lab and field testing of pest control products as needed.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Rearing of mosquitos, house flies, ants, cockroaches and other household pests
• Measure, document, and track insectary operational performance against goals
• Provide entomology performance testing support to development teams
• Schedule, organize and lead Pest Control laboratory and field tests, as required.
• Support development and delivery of internal training and external communication to key customers
• Applying knowledge and utilization of project management tools
• Act as GLP study director and/or investigator for internal and external studies when appropriate
• Assist the site coordinator in maintaining and enhancing facility operations
• Issue work request reports and other technical reports as required
• Remain current in related entomology/technical fields, reporting on new developments and opportunities
• Time allocation: 75% insectary/25% testing and other duties.
• Bachelor’s degree in Entomology.
• Understanding of mosquito, house fly, ant, and cockroach biology.
• Demonstrated ability in entomological/insecticide testing.
• Ability to progress multiple projects concurrently
• Strong communication and teamwork skills.
• Willingness to gain knowledge in new technical areas, as necessary
Considered a plus if the candidate has:
• MS degree in Entomology.
• Experience in the operation of an insectary
• Knowledge of regulatory and registration requirements
Apply on our website at http://www.scjohnson.com/en/Careers/overview.aspx Keyword search 5449
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.