Associate Investigator: Entomology (211268W-01)
Corteva Agriscience is seeking a candidate to join our dynamic and multi-disciplinary Seed Applied Technologies Discovery team at the Indianapolis Research and Development facility. If selected, you will evaluate the performance of chemical and biological seed treatments using a variety of crops and pests within controlled greenhouse and growth chamber environments.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
Your responsibilities will range from preparing experimental materials (e.g. plant seedling production, seed treatment, and the organization of supplies) to plant infestation, data acquisition, and presenting technical results. You will be expected to carefully follow standard protocols, including safety and compliance procedures for plant and insect handling and disposal. You will coordinate activities across multiple teams that share laboratory and greenhouse resources. If you have a passion for agricultural science and want to contribute to the future of farming, we encourage you to apply.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- B.S. in Entomology, Environmental Science, Plant Biology, Biological Sciences, or a related area;
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills;
- Experience working in a collaborative scientific team;
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous research tasks;
- Experience with scientific record keeping and familiarity with common software applications;
- The ability to occasionally lift and move heavy objects (25-50 lbs).
- M.S. in a relevant field;
- An understanding of soil science, i.e. soil chemistry and/or soil water dynamics;
- Knowledge of crop plant growth and development.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Indianapolis, Indiana campus is home to more than 1,000 employees whose mission is simple – to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop, credit union and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, wok, deli, fresh salad bar, and a variety of ethnic and healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and festive holiday events. Join a volleyball or ping pong league or take part in supporting the Indianapolis Colts during Blue Fridays! Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology and colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
If you’re looking to move to a big city with a small-town feel then Indianapolis, Indiana is the place for you. This dynamic, multifaceted city has a robust sports scene, urban nightlife, and top-tier entertainment. Indianapolis is quickly making its name as one of the best sustainable food and agriculture scenes in the country. Located in the heart of the Midwest, Indianapolis is a welcoming city ripe with culture and a thriving economy.
Indianapolis is Indiana’s capital with more than two million residents in the greater metropolitan area. It’s the economic and cultural center of Indiana and offers something for everyone. There’s plenty to do, see, learn and experience in Indianapolis.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment .
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Apply online at: http://source.corteva.com/tp/rj6.eFUd.y-K