Associate Manager, Entomologist- Urban Entomologist
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
This position is part of the Research, Development, & Engineering group for the Global Pest Control Division. It provides subject matter expertise and research excellence in methods used to control urban household pests in global markets. This person will identify emerging pests, technologies, and business opportunities with a global lens. They will work with development teams within RD&E as well as with cross functional team members, such as marketing & sales.
This is an individual contributor position, at an Associate Manager level, which provides the opportunity to engage in both technical researches as well as to use their scientific expertise to influence non-technical outcomes. It provides for lab and field research, interaction with internal & external groups, and working with international teams. The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to take proactive action to achieve results.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Providing subject matter expertise and leadership in development and execution of internal and external research programs for a new product, technology, and novel method evaluation.
• Representing the SC Johnson entomology research function to external stakeholders, such as key customers, at scientific conferences, to research partners, and in public facing media.
• Providing expertise in the review and approval of consumer facing marketing communication content & product claims
• Developing a global network for external research & technology discovery of emerging control technologies for household pests
• Remaining current in related entomology/technical fields, reporting to management new developments and opportunities
• Supporting entomology related regulatory requirements
• Developing efficacy testing methodologies, writing associated protocols, issuing work request reports and other technical reports
• Planning and successful execution of laboratory and field tests
• Act as GLP study director and/or investigator for internal and external studies when appropriate.
• Developing and presenting internal scientific education
• Staff development and mentoring in entomology and pest control technologies
• PhD with emphasis in urban entomology
• 3-5 years of industry experience
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Product performance testing across a range of flying and crawling insects of urban importance
• Experience in the development and evaluation of commercial products
• Demonstrated comfort & skill in written communication and speaking in front of groups
• Demonstrated ability to create original research, as evidenced by peer reviewed publications
• Expertise in pesticide active ingredients, formulations, and delivery systems
• Ability to progress multiple projects concurrently
• Established professional network among leading researchers and institutions
• Pest Control product registration experience
• Experience as a GLP Study Director
• Experimental design and statistical analysis
• Must be able to travel internationally
Apply on our website at http://www.scjohnson.com/en/Careers/overview.aspx Keyword search 5450
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.