ACE Professional Award
The purpose of the award is to recognize superior contributions of an ACE in the field of structural pest management. It consists of a free regular registration to NPMA’s PestWorld, and an inscribed plaque. The plaque is presented to the awardee at PestWorld and the awardee is also recognized at the ESA Annual Meeting.
Please select below to find out more on the award:
Nominees are required to be current Associate Certified Entomologists and to have been ACE certified for a minimum of three consecutive years from the date of application submission.
Submit a Nominee-
All nomination packages must be submitted electronically to the ACE Professional Award Submission Site according to the following specifications:
- Page Limits – The entire nomination package must not exceed 20 pages total. This include letters of nomination or recommendation and publication lists. This includes anonymous letters of support sent to ESA separately, please factor in these letters into the package length. Packages over 20 pages will not be considered.
Letters of nomination must be included in the electronic package, letter of recommendation may be included in the package or submitted *anonymously via e-mail electronically to email@example.com. Printed letters will not be accepted.
Only the following file formats will be accepted: PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format), RTF (Rich Text Format), TIF graphic files, or JPG graphic files. Files created on either PC or MAC platforms will be accepted. Please make sure scanned images can be clearly read on a computer screen.
Font size for text may not be smaller than 10 point.
The nomination site requires a single nomination packet via one PDF file. If you do not have software to merge the documents, please send all of your files to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
New process for 2018.
The nominator should submit a letter of recommendation including the below information. The awards committee will review all letters and will select the top five for further consideration. At that time, additional material will be required.
- Name of Nominee
- Current position/ title of nominee
- Brief explanation of how the nominee excelled in contributions in the field of structural pest management
- If available, information on:
Participation in state trade organizations or other recognized entomology/pest control related groups
Offices held in state or regional pest management associations
Pest management meetings attended
If the individual is contacted by the awards committee (after the deadline date), the below additional materials will be required:
- CV or resume detailing a minimum of background and related service.
- 500 word (max) essay detailing how they have increased professionalism within their organization and community including:
How the applicant has benefited from their ACE certification
- Participation in state trade organizations or other recognized entomology/pest control related group
- Offices held in state or regional pest management associations
- Pest management meetings attended
- Helped to build the next generation of professionals
1. Industry Participation(45 points total)
- Active participation in their state trade organization or other recognized entomology/pest control related group (20)
- Offices held in state or regional pest management associations (15)
- Pest Management Meetings attended (10)
2. Essay(45 points total)
- Increased professionalism within organization (20)
- Made community a better place (15)
- How has the applicant benefitted from ACE certification (10)
3. Mentorship(10 points total)
- Helped to build the next generation of professionals (10)
Nomination packages must be received by ESA headquarters by June 1. This deadline refers to receipt by the awards administrator of a complete package in a readable format. Therefore, early submission is highly recommended. All nomination packets will not be able to be changed after June 1.
Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be renominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission. Nomination packages will be retained for two years by the awards administrator. Nominators must send a letter of renomination to the awards administrator by the nomination deadline above. Previously submitted documentation will be used for the evaluation process unless the nominator submits new or updated documents. The renomination e-mail must contain this additional documentation. New or updated documents must follow the electronic submission requirements noted above.
For questions about this award, please click here.