The Bayer CropScience Masters Fellowship at California State University, Fresno
The Department of Plant Science at California State University, Fresno is seeking highly qualified applicants for the Bayer CropScience Graduate Fellowship. This fellowship provides $25,000 for each of two years to fund the education of aspiring scientists interested in a career in the agrochemical industry. Information on the Plant Science graduate program at Fresno State can be found at http://www.fresnostate.edu/jcast/plantsci/degrees-programs/graduate-program/index.html
The fellowship recipient will work jointly with faculty in the Department of Plant Science and research scientists at the Bayer CropScience Western Field Technology Station in Fresno, CA to complete a master’s thesis focused on applied research in the field of plant health (entomology, plant pathology, nematology, or weed science) or in the area of Emerging Technologies/Remote Sensing as applied to agriculture, the latter of which could include Precision Agriculture. The recipient will also receive a paid summer internship with Bayer CropScience, and will have the opportunity to present his/her thesis findings at Bayer’s U.S. Central Headquarters.
- Meets the admission standards for the Plant Science Graduate Program at Fresno State (http://fresnostate.edu/jcast/plantsci/degrees-programs/graduate-program/2)
- A bachelor’s degree in an applied agricultural field (plant science, plant pathology, weed science, nematology, entomology, agronomy, horticulture, etc…)
- A strong desire to pursue a career in the agrochemical industry
- Previous experience in the agrochemical industry (undergraduate internship or similar)
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Experience or study in California agricultural commodities
- Preference will be given to domestic students who want to pursue a career in the plant health field in California and/or the US.
Email the following materials, preferably in one email, to Dr. Sharon Benes (email@example.com), by June 22, 2020.
- A cover letter highlighting why you are well suited to this position
- A full CV
- An undergraduate transcript (unofficial or official)
- Contact information for three professional references
Please direct any questions to Dr. Sharon Benes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants will be notified of the department’s decision by July 6, 2020.