Center Coordinator: NSF Center for Arthropod Management Technologies (CAMTech)
The Department of Entomology and Nematology within the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences at University of Florida seeks applicants for a Center Coordinator for the Center for Arthropod Management Technologies (CAMTech). This position will provide support and management for the National Science Foundation (NSF) Industry/University Cooperative Research Center, the Center for Arthropod Management Technologies (CAMTech). CAMTech engages scientists at University of Florida (UF) and sister institution, University of Kentucky (UK) in collaborative efforts with agricultural, forestry, medical and urban pest control companies to better align arthropod and nematode research conducted within academe with the needs of industry for practical pest management solutions.
The Center Coordinator will direct and manage the day-to-day details of assuring that center activities, accountability and timelines are on track including 1) communicating with the Center and Site Directors, NSF program director, NSF assessment coordinator, CAMTech member organizations, participating faculty members, postdoctoral researchers and graduate students, at UF, UK and affiliated CAMTech institutions, 2) organizing and overseeing the biannual meetings and reporting systems, 3) ensuring accomplishment of center activities and outcomes.
The successful candidate will possess excellent analytical and organizational abilities along with strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. To be successful, the candidate must be detail-oriented and able to prioritize long and short-term tasks and projects based on specific deadlines. The candidate will also have the ability to work with industry and commodity board representatives, campus administration, faculty, support staff, and students.
Bachelor's degree and two years of experience OR a Master's degree and some experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience must be at a comparable level and directly related to the duties of the position.
- Master’s degree in a biological or social science discipline
- Experience working in entomology, nematology, or other agricultural / related science and ability to understand broad concepts associated with the mission of CAMTech.
- Experience coordinating diverse activities including meeting planning, writing reports and proposals
- Management experience in an academic research center.
Salary: In the range of $45,000 to $50,000 commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, go to http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/507675/research-coordinator-ii
On submission, please attach the following:
1) Letter of Application/Cover Letter including a description of how your experience meets with the required and preferred qualifications for this position.
2) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
3) Contact information including name, address, phone number and email address for three professional references
Any questions regarding this vacancy should be sent to Dr. Bryony Bonning at email@example.com.
To ensure consideration, submit application by 11:55 pm (ET) on July 30, 2018. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.