Cotton Insect Resistance Management
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Cotton Insect Resistance Management, are to:
- Provide technical leadership of IRM strategies and issues for cotton technologies at Bayer, working with crop and product teams in St. Louis and with regional country-based teams where insect control technologies are targeted for commercialization;
- Develop and deliver products and approaches that sustain insecticidal product performance and value in partnership with the Cotton Technology Team;
- Ensure sensible regulatory requirements and enhance stewardship practices in partnership with GRA and RSA;
- Coordinate IRM-related cotton studies, working with Plant Biotech, Field Solutions, external 3rd parties and other parts of the organization as needed;
- Manage academic relationships to provide data and secure third-party expert support for Bayer’s insect resistance management strategies;
- Work with Communications Teams to manage public affairs IRM challenges to minimize negative impacts.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- PhD in Entomology, or a related field, with a focus in population genetics or ecology;
- Knowledge of cotton entomology, insect control technologies and particularly insect-protected traits, and their regulatory requirements.
Based in Chesterfield, MO
Domestic relocation may be offered for this role.
External Link to apply for position: