Dean - College of Science
Utah State University (USU) invites nominations and applications for a significant academic leadership position as Dean of the College of Science.
The College of Science at USU is a dynamic and innovative academic unit comprising of six departments: Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Computer Science, Geosciences, Mathematics and Statistics, and Physics.
- Provide dynamic administrative and intellectual leadership for the College of Science.
- Actively participate in and collaborate with fundraising and alumni relations efforts to foster a culture of giving and provide gratifying engagement experiences for the College of Science and USU constituents.
- Promote and facilitate the expansion of, and access to research infrastructure and activities, including the active pursuit of external funding.
- Effectively recruit undergraduate and graduate students to include domestic, international, and underrepresented groups, and support them towards achieving a high-quality science education throughout the USU campus system.
- Foster interdisciplinary collaboration in research and teaching within, and outside, the college.
- Creatively recruit and retain excellent faculty and students into the college.
- Advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion while providing leadership and accountability in these areas within the college and throughout the university.
- Promote and facilitate high-quality educational programs for students in the College of Science.
- Build and maintain a leadership team that will effectively manage college resources.
- Effectively represent the College of Science on the university’s academic leadership team.
- Maintain a close working relationship with department heads and faculty, fostering collegiality at all levels.
- Foster professional development of faculty and staff, and academic success of students.
- Effectively represent, and proactively expand the needs and vision of the College of Science to the broader community, including underrepresented groups.
- Foster collaboration with other university entities such as the Utah State University Research Foundation.
- Academic credentials sufficient for appointment to the rank of Full Professor in a science or closely related discipline.
- Outstanding leadership experience in the academic or research community.
- Demonstrated ability to foster an environment of professional growth for faculty, staff, and students.
- Appreciation for the diversity of disciplines and roles represented within the College and a commitment to sustain and promote their excellence.
- Commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A record of strong investment in and advocacy for diversity, inclusivity, and equity across all spectra of the College.
- Have the ability to establish successful partnerships within the University and with key government and industry partners.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative fundraising.
- A willingness to develop the skills necessary for implementing and executing successful donor engagement and gift acquisition strategies.
- An appreciation of, and commitment to, the land-grant and space-grant missions of the university.
- Administrative experience in a Carnegie doctoral high research university system.
- Experience promoting innovation in research in areas of emerging science.
- Supportive of developing innovative educational programs using contemporary and evolving delivery methods.
- Supportive of interdisciplinary programs related to science.
- Appreciation of the role of regional campuses in providing educational access and of Extension in service to Utah citizens.
- Experience with capital campaigns, major gift acquisitions, and high-functioning advancement boards.
- Demonstrated ability to secure external funding through contracts and grants.
For More information and To Apply: https://careers-usu.icims.com/jobs/2966/dean---college-of-science/job?mobile=false&width=1096&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Utah State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law.