Director - Field Development - Corn Value Creation
We are a Santa Monica-based company, founded in 2013 by Caltech scholars: Professor Frances Arnold, Pedro Coelho and Peter Meinhold. Our mission is to be recognized as innovators in pheromone technology, the engineers and creators of a family of effective pest control solutions for the control of major damaging insects. We are hiring the very best and brightest people to develop and commercialize our products.
The Director – Corn Value Development, Mexico & United States will have a vital role in developing and ensuring the success of field programs in corn in Mexico and the Southeastern region of the United States.
Specifically the successful candidate will create value through managing product registration trials, training field and business development staff, and providing product characterization support. The role must effectively work with key stakeholder and interface across the organization in a manner that maximizes product development progress.
- Develops and maintains a global understanding of all relevant aspects of Provivi’s technology, target pests, and markets.
- Develops a profound understanding of pheromone technology and how it can be best deployed to provide consistent damage control in target crops. This includes the use pheromones to prompt mating disruption and thereby provide damage control, prevent resistance development in other tools such as insecticides and Bt traits, and understanding how the blending of pheromones together with significantly reduced insecticide application may achieve damage control under high pest pressure.
- Responsible for field research planning and execution. Provides analysis regarding opportunities to strengthen and accelerate the pipeline where appropriate.
- Maintains a strong understanding of all field trials. Ensures protocols are properly planned and excecuted. Maintain a key focus particularly on the Wide Area Testing and Product Development Programs.
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders in the areas of Formulations, AI synthesis, Supply Chain, Business Development, Legal, Finance and Product & Field Devleopment.
- Develop an analysis and communication system that reports and interpretes information on a regular basis within the organization, i.e. on a weekly basis at key stages of plant growth. Draft trial reports and ensure IP opportunities are properly protected.
- Develops and manage budget plans. Project and communicate plans and needs.
- Supervises approximately 5 field research staff in Mexico & United States.
Qualifications & Skills Include
- PhD or equivalent background in Agriculture, a strong background in Entomology is preferred.
- Strong oral, written and listening skills. Ability to write clear reports and effectively communicate results to team members and collaborators. Fluency in English and Spanish are preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues.
- Strong computer skills. Includes strong statistical analysis and interpretation skills.
- Adaptability to rapid business and organizational changes.
- Reports to the VP of Product & Field Development
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Provivi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, or any other legally-protected factors.