Director Western Integrated Pest Management Center (WIPMC) Academic Coordinator III
Western Integrated Pest Management Center (WIPMC)
Academic Coordinator III
The University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR), a statewide program with local development and delivery is seeking a Director to assume leadership for its Western IPM Center (WIPMC) within the UC Statewide IPM Program. The Director will provide overall leadership of WIPMC, with responsibility for its successful management and operations, including supervision of all WIPMC staff. The Director will collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to identify regional IPM objectives and formulate strategies to address important IPM issues. The Director will communicate with the WIPMC Advisory and Steering committees and represent the WIPMC to other agencies at the state, regional, and national levels to identify opportunities for collaboration. The Director will oversee official responses to federal agency information requests which will be prepared by regional Comment Coordinators and other state contacts.
SOME MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide programmatic leadership, administration, management and coordination for the Center.
- Manage budget, financial, personnel, and programmatic operations of the Center.
- Effectively administer USDA contracts (approximately $1.0 million annually), including local Center operational expenses and subcontracts to other institutions in the West.
- Supervise 1-3 staff.
- Identify and prioritize regional and national IPM needs.
- Coordinate Center information dissemination among IPM-related interests in western states.
- Work with western state IPM coordinators, university research and cooperative extension staff at western state universities, commodity groups and state agencies responsible for agriculture and pest management.
Education and Experience: A minimum of a Master’s Degree is required, though advanced degrees are preferred in an appropriate scientific discipline and professional background in any of the following pest management fields; entomology, plant pathology, weed science, nematology, or vertebrate pest management. Experience leading or managing a program, obtaining and managing competitive grants; the ability to build new collaborative efforts among diverse stakeholders; staff supervision, and excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are required. Access full position announcement for more details.
Salary: Beginning salary will be in the Academic Coordinator III rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension Academic Coordinator salary scales, please refer to the University of California website:
To Apply: For a full position vacancy announcement, academic application, form and application instructions visit: http://ucanr.edu/Jobs/Jobs_990/?jobnum=1406
To assure full consideration, application packets should be submitted in their entirety no later than
August 27, 2018 to: email@example.com. Please refer to position AP #18-08.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.