Certified Laboratories has a challenging opportunity for an accomplished and detailed Entomologist. The successful candidate will microscopically examine and enumerate isolated filth elements from a variety of food products. In this role you will identify filth elements such as whole insects, mites, insect fragments, moldy product and other extraneous materials. Microscopically examines extraction plates for correct enumeration of filth elements.
If you share our values – Ethical, Adaptable, Reliable, Accurate, Collaborative, Client Focused, Dedicated, Skilled, Innovative - and wish to develop in a dynamic environment focused on the future, then join us!
- Using the appropriate microscope, accurately quantify and correctly categorize isolated filth elements from the following types of products; poultry, meat, fish, and other marine products, fruits and fruit products, vegetables and vegetable products.
- Meticulously record enumerated filth elements on appropriate worksheets.
- Actively participate in any Proficiency Samples Program deemed relevant by Certified Laboratories for the quantification of isolated filth elements.
- Macroscopically analyze various food products to isolate and quantify visual contaminants.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the proper use and care of various microscopes.
- Maintain a wide-ranging familiarity with new developments in instrumentation technology and analytical methodology.
- BS degree required in Biology, Entomology, or Botany along with 1-3 years of experience in a laboratory environment,
- Must have ability to work weekends as needed.
- Must have strong quantitative skills.
- Excellent dexterity and hand/eye coordination is required.
- Proven attention to detail with effective organizational skills required.
We value our employees as they are the key to our success. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive salary with an extensive benefits package. We work to maintain a progressive and collaborative work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long-term career.
Certified Laboratories, Inc. is one of the largest, private, independent laboratories in the nation and is located in New York, Illinois, and California. Each of our laboratories has its own area of expertise and is acknowledged as a leader in the field of food safety and analysis.
Certified Laboratories values diversity in its workforce. The company is firmly committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and will administer its policies in a manner that treats each employee and applicant for employment on the basis of merit. Certified Laboratories will take affirmative action to seek out qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, or veteran status.