Vestaron is looking for an entomologist (or possibly agronomist) focused on development of peptides for crop protection. This scientist will take development candidates and perform the work that translates early lab results to field applications and rates. This work will be primarily in the lab but may involve limited glasshouse or field work. Most of the candidates will be insecticides but may include some limited work in fungicides and anti-bacterials. This position will interact with product project leads, fermentation, formulation and field development and share reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer with a leading role in the Entomology program.
- Leadership role in R&D that has significant impact on late stage product development and translation to the field of new products
- Work with formulation to develop products and practices with maximal efficacy against standard and new insects/plant pathogens
- Develop protocols for reliable testing results and agronomic practice
- Stay up to date on emerging and invasive species.
- Ability to self-direct work optimally deliver timely stage gate progression of projects
- Create and support a corporate culture that encourages and supports product innovation.
- Be a hands-on leader to mentor, develop, and leverage key personnel
- Other duties as assigned
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Delivery to Development of products that meet or exceed results required of commercial development
- Prepare dossiers on testing of products for regulatory approval
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution
- Advanced degree in the biological sciences, such as entomology or agronomics.
- Experience with crop pests such as lepidoptera, coleoptera and others
- Diverse experience with multiple crop pests including insects, nematodes, and mites.
- Experience leveraging and working with external contract service providers
- Start-up experience / ability to work in a start-up environment.
- Strong scientific foundation with an ability to anticipate commercial impacts
- Appreciation for working in an early stage environment and exhibits entrepreneurial focus
Why Join Us?
Join the Revolution…
With an innovative and accomplished leadership team guiding our day-to-day wins, and a Board with a long-term vision that supports our efforts, we set out daily to improve the safety, efficacy and sustainability of crop protection through migration from synthetic pesticides to peptide-based biopesticides. Our team is empowered to solve problems and find solutions that will advance the science and commercialization of peptides. If you’re seeking a career that taps into your talents and contributes to harnessing the Power of Peptides® for the benefit of the environment and industry, we just may have a job for you.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that.
In August we’ll open our new headquarter in the heart of RTP (Research Triangle Park, NC), a global center of Agricultural Technology and Innovation. Our new offices are located in the Frontier complex, a vibrant work environment where the development of restaurants, shops and hotels is underway.
Our R&D center is in Kalamazoo, MI, within the Western Michigan University Innovation Center. The 69,000-square-foot, purpose-built incubator and co-working space was created to support companies from the earliest start-ups to maturing organizations with office and conference space, high-quality shared scientific equipment and resources, and a wide range of support services.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to support the health and happiness of our staff.
We invite you to apply to join a company developing the products, processes and relationships to lead the advancement of the biological peptide industry, beginning with the pesticide markets.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Vestaron is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Vestaron are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.