Entomology Technician (210161W-01)
Corteva Agriscience is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Entomologist to join the Crop Protection Discovery Insecticide Biology Group, based at our Indianapolis, IN research and development facility. The Entomology Technician will contribute to our goal of developing sustainable Crop Protection solutions by management of multiple insect bioassays. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the quality of bioassays and accuracy of data generated, keeping accurate records, as well as interpreting and communicating experimental results. The successful candidate must also be able to work in a team environment, network across scientific disciplines, and be capable of clearly communicating to stakeholders.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Conducting laboratory bioassays, including set-up, implementation, and assessment.
- Coordinating and scheduling laboratory resources to maintain an efficient screening process.
- Working with team members to develop and improve bioassays.
- Data collection, management, and quality assurance.
- Following laboratory safety practices to ensure a safe work environment
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- B.S. or M.S. in Entomology or related area (Biology, Zoology, Agronomy, Agricultural Sciences, etc.).
- Experience conducting laboratory bioassays in a R&D setting is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Highly motivated with strong organizational skills and a desire to work in a dynamic laboratory environment.
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion.
- Ability to successfully partner with team members and stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds.
- Experience with insect bioassays.
- A background with automation, electronics, or robotics is desirable.
- Familiarity with lab equipment, automation, high throughput screening assays.
- Experience with bioassay development and implementation.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Indianapolis, Indiana campus is home to more than 1,000 employees whose mission is simple – to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop, credit union and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, wok, deli, fresh salad bar, and a variety of ethnic and healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and festive holiday events. Join a volleyball or ping pong league or take part in supporting the Indianapolis Colts during Blue Fridays! Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology and colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
If you’re looking to move to a big city with a small-town feel then Indianapolis, Indiana is the place for you. This dynamic, multifaceted city has a robust sports scene, urban nightlife, and top-tier entertainment. Indianapolis is quickly making its name as one of the best sustainable food and agriculture scenes in the country. Located in the heart of the Midwest, Indianapolis is a welcoming city ripe with culture and a thriving economy.
Indianapolis is Indiana’s capital with more than two million residents in the greater metropolitan area. It’s the economic and cultural center of Indiana and offers something for everyone. There’s plenty to do, see, learn and experience in Indianapolis.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!