First Annual Tick IPM Academy
Date: November 6-7, 2019
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
About: Tick species and tickborne diseases of medical importance are increasing in number and geographic distribution and generating enormous societal costs in lost productivity and treatment expense. At the Academy, participants will learn valuable skills from world-class experts to improve performance and outcomes from tick management efforts.
Who should attend?
- pest management and landscape care professionals, facility/institutional/public grounds managers
- educators, Extension, public health, government, school and state regulatory professionals
Participants will learn:
- Key concepts in tick biology, disease diagnosis and treatment
- Hands-on, practical strategies and tactics to reduce tick populations and public health impacts
- Current knowledge gaps, innovative research efforts and anticipated near-term advances