Child Care Grants for Entomology 2019
Small grants of up to $400 are available to assist Entomology 2019 meeting attendees who plan on bringing small children to the meeting, or who incur extra expenses in leaving them home (i.e. extra daycare or babysitting services). You must be a current ESA member to apply for a child care grant.
Applications (one per family) must be received by August 5, 2019 to be considered by the Child Care Grant Selection Committee prior to the advance registration rate deadline. In the event that the number of requests for grants exceeds the available funding, preference will be given to applicants in the early stages of their careers and to those whose participation in the meeting is critical to their professional development, however all members are encouraged to apply. In the event funds remain available after August 5, 2019, the application process will remain open until all funds are exhausted.
Those who apply by August 5, 2019 will be notified of their application status on or before September 13, 2019. Reimbursement checks will be provided onsite at the ESA Registration and Information Desk and will be available for pickup during registration hours.
- Daycare expenses at the site of the meeting.
- Extra daycare expenses at home incurred because the primary caregiver was attending the meeting (for example, overtime at a daycare center, cost of a sitter, etc.).
- Expenses incurred in bringing a babysitter (or family member acting as caregiver) to the meeting or to your home to care for the child/children.
- Expenses incurred in bringing a child/children to a babysitter/family member.
- Meeting attendee's mileage and travel expenses to and from Entomology 2019 or tickets to local museums, amusement parks, etc.
- Travel for a family member that is currently an ESA member or fits into a membership category is also excluded.
For questions regarding the Child Care Grant program, contact Cindy Myers, Manager of Meetings & Exhibits, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore St. Louis is happy to recommend TLC Family Care to attendees.
Please note that ESA is not affiliated with TLC Family Care.