AgBiome® is a revolutionary agricultural biotech company headquartered in Research Triangle Park (Durham), NC. We use new knowledge of the plant-associated microbiome to create innovative products for agriculture and life sciences. We are a leader in discovering and developing new biologicals and traits for the protection of crops from pests.
We employ nearly 100 full-time employees and occupy a state-of-the-art 30,000 square foot laboratory and greenhouse facility in the Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina. AgBiome values an intense focus on scientific productivity, quality, and cultural participation. Personal leadership coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical within our culture. We have repeatedly been named by Inc. Magazine as one of “The Best Places to Work.”
We seek a highly motivated Experienced Entomologist to develop, improve, validate, and run insect bioassays. This role will support AgBiome's insect control discovery efforts in our traits and biologicals platforms. The ideal candidate is an expert in entomology with experience designing and running insect bioassays, enjoys working in the laboratory, is creative, and loves collaborating within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Serve as a functional area (entomology) expert with in-depth knowledge of design, validation, and execution of insect bioassays
- Use and exemplify sound experimental design within our insect control screening platform
- Ensure preparation of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents in the domain area
- Develop, implement and execute in vitro and on-plant bioassays for Lepidopteran and other targets in the lab and greenhouse
- Manage, analyze and report data as required
- Work closely with members of the Insect Control teams in traits and biologicals on continuous improvement of the screening platforms
- Participate in internal and external presentations as required
- Scout, explore and implement new methodologies
- Advanced degree in Entomology or similar field (MS or Ph.D.) or 10+ years of experience in Entomology
- Industry experience preferred
- Collaborative and team-focused with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent prioritization skills, self-motivated, and proactive
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, written) with the ability to communicate at different levels and audience types
- Significant hands-on experience in insect control screening platforms
- Experience with automated discovery platforms preferred
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry - people of color, LGBTQI+ people, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, people of any age or family status. We understand the value that diversity of thought and experience brings our company, and we strive to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe, and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. Just like in nature, we understand diversity makes us stronger and more successful, and we also know it takes an inclusive workplace with a strong sense of belonging to fully empower us.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, weight, gender identity or expressions, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply, visit https://www.agbiome.com/careers/