POSITION: Field Scientist
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Field Scientist will be responsible to provide technical support for sales of structural and commodity fumigations in the Pest Management Division as well as support and lead research for assigned projects.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- serve as technical support for assigned products and geographies including written responses to questions from sales representatives, distributor representatives, customers and consumers
- collaborate with researchers, internal and external, to develop protocols, implement and manage trials, collate and analyze results, and write research reports
- make recommendations for commercial development of new use patterns based on research results
- leads the development of technical data for assigned projects (new use patterns, product defense, new products)
- write research and technical publications for submission to scientific proceedings, refereed publications, and regulatory submissions
- assist with product label and manual development
- develop content for technical and stewardship training programs
- develop content for literature, web sites, and other resources for industry, customer and consumer use
- provide technical presentations for key stakeholders including internal marketing and commercial personnel, and external customers, consumers, regulators, and industry and science organizations
- establish and maintain strong and productive professional relationships with University, Government and private industry research and extension personnel, and state and federal regulatory personnel as needed
Required Skills and Knowledge: The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- excellent skills in written, verbal and interpersonal communication (technical and consumer), including expertise in use of software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- knowledge of and experience using experimental design, protocol development, and statistical analysis including use of statistical software programs such as SAS, JMP, Minitab, etc.
- project management skills
- ability to work across cultures
- broad understanding of integrated pest management principles and pesticide use
- ability to effectively operate collaboratively in a highly dynamic and informal environment
- ability to travel 35-45% of time
- ability to travel outside of the United States
- PhD in Entomology (preferred), Agronomy, Weed Science or Plant Pathology or MS in Entomology with a minimum of 5 years experience in industry
- experience working with pesticides (agriculture and/or urban use) required
- experience working with fumigants desired
REPORTS TO: Global Regulatory Leader
COMPENSATION: An attractive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
LOCATION: United States (California desired)
TIMING: We are looking to fill the position immediately. This job posting will close April 1, 2019.
CONTACT: If you have any questions or are interested in applying for the position, please contact Tim McPherson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a cover letter, resume or C.V. as well as three references or letters of recommendation.
THE COMPANY: Douglas Products is a specialty products manufacturer and marketer of high-quality brands in the global agriculture production and structural pest control markets. For more than 100 years, Douglas Products has partnered with customers who seek to build and protect mutually beneficial business value. We create quality solutions backed by expertise in training, stewardship, regulatory affairs and industry support.
With three Divisions - Pest Management, Sanitary Sewer, and Plant Health - Douglas Products prides itself in its reputation as a trusted partner with a customer-centric operating philosophy while upholding the highest ethical standards in its business operations.
Building on that sustainable foundation, Douglas Products is expanding its portfolio through product acquisitions and in-licensing agreements that extends its range of products and technologies to produce, protect, and preserve agricultural commodities and residential/commercial structures.
Douglas Products is an Altamont Capital Partners portfolio company. Further information on the company can be found at http://douglasproducts.com/