Herbicide Formulation Team Lead
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Formulation Team Lead (Herbicide Formulation Team Lead- Internal Title), are to:
- Guide FT strategies of the Herbicide Formulation Team by coordinating and instructing to safely design quality, efficacious, and cost-efficient formulations;
- Develop objectives for the team, including annual target setting and appraisal of FT staff;
- Maintain business critical direct interface and alignment with associated Global functions (Field Solutions, Regulatory, Product Supply, Marketing, Legal and Asset Management);
- Actively participate and contribute to project team and decision meetings and act as liaison to facilitate the communication flow between commercial and lab scientists;
- Provide subject matter expertise supporting: project ideation, technical feasibility, and milestone planning;
- Develop leadership, technical, communication and business critical skills of each team member to build a “best in class” team, providing concrete development/training activities through the Development Dialogue and regular feedback;
- Foster creativity and innovation to create a strong IP estate;
- Monitor projects and programs and ensure optimal allocation and utilization of internal & external resources (people and budgets);
- Provide advice and represent FT needs in implementation of IT tools and connectivity (interface) across different LIMs and ELN and with an understanding of needs of adjacent functions and applications they employ.
Relocation may be available for this role.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related science with 8+ years’ experience OR Master’s Degree with 10+ years’ experience OR Bachelor’s Degree with 12+ years’ experience;
- Direct people management with experience in building a high performing team;
- Understanding of Crop Science relevant Research and Development processes and capabilities;
- Familiarity with global crop protection regulatory requirements;
- Experience with formulations of pesticide products;
- Working knowledge of IT tools and lab data management tools, LIMS, ELN etc.;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of Crop Protection industry;
- Experience with budgeting and cost management processes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice.