Horticulture Entomologist Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) Purdue University, Department of Entomology
Horticulture Entomologist Assistant Professor (tenure track)
The Department of Entomology at Purdue University seeks to fill a tenure track position in Horticultural Crop Protection. This is a nine-month appointment at the level of assistant professor with primary extension and secondary research responsibilities.
· Develop a nationally and internationally recognized, externally funded applied research program.
· Develop a research-based extension program for the protection of horticultural food crops from insect pests.
· Assist the wide range of stakeholder producers of edible specialty crops with their arthropod management needs.
· Work synergistically with Extension Educators, and Extension Specialists in the Departments of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Entomology and Botany and Plant Pathology.
· Mentor graduate and undergraduate students and teach courses at the graduate and/or undergraduate level.
- Must have a Ph.D. in a biological science.
- Relevant training in the applied ecology of arthropods and their population dynamics on plants.
- Capacity to develop, evaluate and improve approaches to arthropod management in edible crop systems.
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams and stakeholders to identify research needs and knowledge gaps.
- Capacity to develop and deliver outcomes-based Extension programming to stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills.
Application: The search committee will begin reviewing applications after November 26nd, 2018, but will accept submissions until the position is filled. Application materials should include: letter of application, curriculum vitae, graduate and undergraduate official academic transcripts, statements of research and extension philosophies, and full contact information for three references. The Department and College are committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty effort, including scholarship, instruction, and engagement. Candidates should address at least one of these areas in their cover letter, indicating past experiences, current interests or activities, and/or future goals to promote a climate that values diversity and inclusion. Purdue is an ADVANCE institution – www.purdue.edu/dp/advance.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A background check is required for this position.
Please submit the application package as an email attachment to: Dr. Clifford Sadof, Search Committee Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department is an integral part of the College of Agriculture, one of the world’s leading colleges of agricultural, food, life, and natural resource sciences and ranked ninth globally in the 2018 QS World University Rankings. The College is deeply committed to the three land-grant missions (teaching, research, and extension), to international activities and perspectives that span all missions, and to excellence in all we do. The College has 11 academic departments and includes 313 faculty, 2803 undergraduate students, and 672 graduate students. The College’s strategic plan can be accessed at https://ag.purdue.edu/plan/Pages/default.aspx
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.