Manager, Entomology- Research Laboratory
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
This is a key RD&E role within the Global Pest Control business, which plays a significant role in meeting both short and long term organizational business goals. This person will ensure successful completion of product develop initiatives as well as maintaining business critical technical skills & capabilities. This is a people management role that drives operational and performance excellence of the entomology function, provides leadership in maintaining current laboratory facilities & operations, and plans for the future scientific needs of the organization.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• People management, leading a 10+ person team responsible for new product development & core renovation projects, including teams in the US and China.
• Maintaining and growing research and testing capabilities at two entomology research campuses, located in Racine, Wisconsin and Shanghai, China.
• Maintaining insectary capacity & operations, while driving continuous improvement
• Maintaining facility compliance with laboratory accreditation standards
• Ensuring research execution & documentation excellence
• Personnel training and development
• Maintaining and growing the technical knowledge base across formulation & product delivery systems
• Providing entomology method expertise and external influence of regulatory method standards
• Masters’ Degree in Entomology, Ph.D. strongly preferred
• 10-15 years of industry experience
• 5+ years of direct people management
• Demonstrated experience in bringing cross disciplinary projects to successful completion
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Insect rearing and performance testing across a wide range of flying and crawling insects of medical and urban importance.
• Laboratory & facility management
• Experience as a GLP study director
• Consumer or industrial products with record of new product & technology commercialization as part of a cross functional team
• Familiarity with EPA registration protocols and experience working with external regulatory bodies
• New test method development & validation
• Demonstrated expertise in pesticide active ingredients, formulations, and delivery systems
• Demonstrated skills in spoken & written communication
• Influence in a cross functional environment
• Working in international environments and leading international teams
• Performance management & excellence in people development
• Experience with budgeting and capital planning processes
Apply on our website at http://www.scjohnson.com/en/Careers/overview.aspx. Keyword search: 5446
S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.