Reports to: Marketing and Web Manager
The Entomological Society of America (ESA) is recruiting a talented, savvy, creative, and proactive Marketing Assistant who is excited to add their talents to our team! This full-time role will be responsible for assisting with a variety of digital marketing tasks that allow for the successful completion of marketing programs and communications efforts, with the goal of continuously improving key metrics. At ESA, you will leverage your current skills and have the opportunity to build upon them. Here, we invest in technology, training, and you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with digital marketing efforts. Source, write, proofread, QA test, A/B test, edit, design, and/or post content for a variety of digital communications channels under the general supervision of senior staff, including email, blog, social media, and website.
- Assisting in monitoring active marketing campaigns and analyzing past campaign performance to suggest ways to improve those campaigns, with growth opportunities to manage your own campaigns.
- Contributing creatively to content ideation and generation across all marketing platforms. Working closely with marketing and communications colleagues and collaborating with other internal teams, in order to align messaging and promote content effectively.
- Assisting with organic search traffic growth by overseeing SEO-optimization of existing website pages.
- Pulling campaign analytics from Google Analytics and other platform reporting tools to assist with data-driven campaign strategy optimization.
- Providing support for member surveys.
- Staying abreast of trends and best practices within digital marketing and the association industry.
- Being available as a resource for senior marketing and communications staff who need assistance with completing large projects or undertaking some departmental administrative tasks.
- Some travel may be required to ESA’s Annual Meeting, ESA branch meetings, and/or training/educational programs, for a total of approximately 2-3 weeks a year.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, business or a related field. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. Association experience a plus.
- 0–2 years of experience working in email marketing, communications, marketing, or related field. New college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated experience and success with copy editing and copy writing; keen proofreading eye for issues relating to grammar and style.
- Good understanding of marketing principles and tactics such as A/B testing for subject lines and/or messaging content.
- Experience with email automation platforms or tools (particularly Higher Logic’s Real Magnet platform) a plus.
- Familiarity with content management systems (particularly Wordpress or Drupal) a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of Google Analytics and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) a plus.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude. A strong sense of ownership over tasks, including follow-through.
- Ability to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Problem-solver, persistent, inventive, and able to take feedback and incorporate it.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to work both independently and within a group setting, knowing when to ask questions.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- An eye for design a plus.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- Your ideas will be heard. ESA has a collaborative, high-growth culture where innovation and ideas are welcomed. You will like who you work with – we’re a small team but we’re high energy and very productive. We will trust you to manage your work and we’ll provide support and resources to help you be successful.
- ESA has strong, stable leadership and is financially healthy. Our leaders genuinely care about the people who work here, what we are doing, and the positive impact we are having by being the go-to resource for our members and customers.
- We offer an excellent compensation package including 100 percent paid health and dental insurance for you and your family; life insurance; long-term disability; a retirement plan that matches up to 7 percent of annual salary after your first year; free parking; 10 paid holidays; 13 days of vacation the first year; 13 sick days, and flexible work schedules.
Starting salary: $35,000 - $40,000 depending on experience, and an exceptional benefits package. Send resume and cover letter to Laura Sparks, Marketing and Web Manager, at email@example.com.