Medical, Urban, and Veterinary Entomology (MUVE) Student Travel Awards
The MUVE Student Travel Awards recognize MUVE Student members who have demonstrated excellence in the Medical, Urban and Veterinary Entomology. Five travel awards consisting of $500 each will be available to all MUVE Student members. The recipient is presented with the award at the ESA Annual Meeting during the MUVE networking business meeting.
Please click here to see a list of those who have previously received this award.
The nominee must be an ESA student member affiliated with MUVE at the time the award is received.
- Cover letter to the MUVE president, describe briefly your interest in the ESA and MUVE, and career goals.
- A 2-3 page CV (Click here for the CV template).
- A nomination letter from your academic advisor.
- One page research abstract, including statement of the research problem, objectives, methods and approaches, and progress to date.
- All documents should be merged into one PDF file for ease of review by the panel.
All nominations should be submitted via the MUVE Award Nomination website. Only one PDF file will be accepted. Font size for text may not be smaller than 10 point.
Nominees/candidates will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 50 points:
- Academic Record (maximum 10 points)
- Publications (maximum 10 points)
- Non-ref Pubs (maximum 5 points)
- Outreach/Extension (maximum 5 points)
- Teaching (maximum 5 points)
- Contributions to ESA (maximum 5 points)
- Project Abstract (maximum 5 points)
- Support Letter (maximum 5 points)
Nomination packages must be received via the MUVE Award Nomination website by July 1, 2018.
The awards administrator will notify all candidates and their nominators with the results of their nominations approximately two months after the nomination submission deadline.
Any questions regarding this award can be directed to MUVE VP-Elect, Dr. Dana Nayduch.