ESA Member Benefits
Join the largest organization in the world serving the scientific and professional needs of entomologists and individuals in related disciplines. Draw on the expertise, knowledge and experience of more than 7,000 individuals throughout the world who share your professional and scientific interests.
Serve the science, enhance your professional development and career, create a valuable network, and be recognized by colleagues. ESA is an individual membership society, which means if you change jobs or pursue a new opportunity, your membership (and all of your benefits) goes with you. And as a member, you can pick your Branch and Section affiliation to find the community that best fits your needs.
Here's What Our Members are Saying...
Top 5 Most Popular Benefits:
- No page charges for publishing your research in ESA's well-respected subscription journals through Sept. 1, 2020. Plus, ESA members enjoy reduced charges for its three open-access journals.
- Free online access to an expansive library of entomological research including journals archived back to the early 1900's.
- Opportunities to receive recognition from your peers for excellence and innovation in your field through ESA's Awards Program.
- Online access to the archive of ESA educational and professional development webinars.
- Opportunities to present your research to and network with thousands of entomologists from around the world at ESA's Annual Meeting -- be recognized for your work and make new connections!
Plus, Even More Benefits:
- Exclusive-access to post your cv or resume on ESA's Careers page for potential employers to find you.
- Deep discounts on Annual Meeting registration fees and on publications orders.
- Support through ESA’s public and science policy initiatives, which focus on raising awareness of the importance of the entomological sciences in policy discussions, educating policymakers, and including ESA member voices in science policy debates.
- Discounts on paper editions of the ESA journals.
- A free print subscription to American Entomologist, ESA's quarterly glossy magazine.
- Online access to the ESA Networks, where you can interact with entomologists in your field of study and focused on your specific interests.
- Access to the ESA online Membership Directory where you'll find experts in nearly every field of entomology — a valuable tool for making important career connections.
- Access to ESA's employment listings in the members-only eNews newsletter and on our website.
- Interact and communicate with specialized groups within ESA's subject-specific Sections and geographically related Branches.
- A wide range of professional development and volunteer opportunities to help you build your resume and leadership skills.
- ESA members receive a special discount on the Annual Review of Entomology published annually.
- Discounts on the Associate or Board Certified Entomologist (BCE or ACE) Certification Programs - maintain your edge in today's competitive environment by demonstrating to your peers, employer or customers that you are on the cutting edge of the latest education and training.
- The opportunity to build your network with scientists and researchers from around the world and to stay up-to-date on cutting edge research!
- Member discounts on books and publications on a variety of topics.