Veterinary Entomology Initiatives
Below are the current initiatives and objectives for veterinary entomology. If you are interested in getting involved in one or more of these projects, please contact one of the leads for more information.
Increase taxonomic and pest management training opportunities for veterinary entomologists (particularly ECPs)
Leads: Alec Gerry and Amy Murillo
- Activity: Facilitate access to suitable training courses
- Identify currently available training courses in the U.S. and facilitate discovery of these courses by MUVE members through creation of a “training opportunities” landing page on the ESA-MUVE website.
- Determine gaps in training needs and facilitate development of new training courses developed by MUVE members to fill these gaps.
- Activity: Develop a resource sharing library for on-line pictorial insect keys
- Identify currently available online insect ID keys
- Determine suitable method to share keys through ESA-MUVE website
Organize resource library for laboratory protocols
Leads: Dana Nayduch and Annie Rich
- Activity: Facilitate publication of laboratory protocols
- Identify appropriate ESA Journal for publication of lab protocols
- Encourage MUVE members to publish protocols for future archiving by MUVE.
- Activity: Organize resource library available through ESA-MUVE website