Pacific Branch Physiology, Biochemistry, and Toxicology Award
To be awarded to an individual who has an outstanding record of accomplishment in at least one of the entomological sub-disciplines of physiology, biochemistry, and toxicology. This award will recognize those who study biochemistry, microbiology, toxicology, endocrinology, cytology, molecular biology, allelochemicals, pheromones, hormones, metabolism, or other related areas.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process, please contact Ayman Mostafa.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
Nomination packages should include the following:
- Letter of nomination
- CV of the nominee
- Up to three letters of endorsement
- Three of the most relevant reprints (does not count towards the 20 page limit).
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Extent and quality of accomplishments in biochemistry, microbiology, toxicology, endocrinology, cytology, molecular biology, allelochemicals, pheromones, hormones, metabolism, and/or other related areas (50 pts)
- Extent and quality of work within the Pacific Branch region (30 pts)
- Extent and quality of impacts of work on students, stakeholders, colleagues, and others (20 pts)
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the Pacific Branch Nomination website by by Friday, February 19, 2021 by 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format.