Pest Control Technical Services Manager
At Orkin, our purpose is to help protect the world where we live, work and play.
Our Division Technical Service Manager is a high level professional devoted to this purpose.
Orkin, THE LEADER in the pest control industry, is seeking an experienced, dynamic Field Technical Manager who has hands-on experience with solving complex pest/rodent related issues through a comprehensive Pest Management solution.
The successful Division Technical Service Manager Candidate will possess the following abilities:
- Technical pest management expertise in solving complex pest/rodent related issues through a comprehensive Pest Management Program, with a proven track record of evaluating and improving pest management
- Exceptional communication, presentation and training skills, with a history of lectures, and hands-on training with Pest Management personnel, and ability to interface and support public relations opportunities, as well as assist the quality assurance and training team
- Networking, customer service and sales presentation skills, with experience in delivering customer retention results, specifically, forming relationships with high profile customers to retain or develop new business
- Superior analytical ability to forecast potential service and pest issues and report on the efficacy of service protocols
- Relationship building skills to participate in industry conferences and work with appropriate universities suppliers on research related to specific division pest and service needs
- High-level expertise in resolving pest solutions and delivering training to field personnel in sales and operations to forecast, alert and proactively address future trending pest problems
- Facilitation of Research and Development with suppliers and universities to develop new products and technologies for the company in the future
- Effective vendor relationship skills to maintain a strong presence in obtaining the best products to deliver results
- Mentoring skills to promote the advancement of technical expertise throughout the division including ACE and BCE certifications
- Hands-on skills in testing equipment needed for use in pest management solutions
- Competitive compensation package with upward earnings potential
- A company vehicle
- Industry-leading, paid training
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, maternity & life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match, employee stock purchase plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, dependent scholarship awards
- Founded in 1901, Orkin is a global residential and business service provider who provides the most accurate, comprehensive, and efficient pest management services for both residential and commercial customers
- As the industry leader, we value PEOPLE, PROGRESS and PROFESSIONALISM
- The Pest Management Industry is growing – and is a recession-resistant line of business
- Orkin is financially stable and growing as the largest subsidiary of Rollins, Inc., (NYSE: ROL), headquartered in Atlanta, GA
Are you ready to take your CAREER to the next level?
Requirements: We require a good driving record and the ability to pass a drug screen. Candidates must meet physical job requirements and safely perform the following job duties with or without accommodations:
- Bachelor's Degree in Entomology
- Board Certified Entomologist (BCE)
- Extensive work in the Pest Control Industry
- Ability to travel to multiple locations within the Division (West Coast)
- Safely use a ladder within the manufacturer's weight capacity
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Safely access crawl spaces, attics, confined spaces, rooftops, etc.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Additional context: competitive earnings, career, regional, region, management, military, leadership development program, operations leadership, manager trainee, general manager, service, construction, lawn, route, field, delivery, uniform, warehouse, retail, restaurant, hotel, hospitality, management trainee