Call for 2014 Insect Calendar Photos
Lanham, MD; January 29, 2013 -- The Entomological Society of America is looking for the best insect photos to grace our 2014 World of Insects Calendar.
Photos should be of the highest aesthetic and technical quality. Photographs for the calendar will be selected by the Committee on the World of Insects Calendar.
The requirements for submission of photos are:
1. JPG format (between 1,000 and 2,000 pixels wide);
2. Common or scientific name must be included in each filename;
3. All photographs must be horizontal and rectangular (vertical or square photos will not be accepted);
4. Photographs of dead insects that are posed or mounted are not allowed;
5. A maximum of eight (8) photographs may be submitted by a single photographer (more than 8 submissions will disqualify all photographer’s entries); and
6. Submissions must be e-mailed to ESA headquarters (firstname.lastname@example.org) by close of business on May 17, 2013.
The Entomological Society of America is the largest organization serving the professional and scientific needs of entomologists and people in related disciplines in the world. Founded in 1889, ESA today has more than 6,000 members affiliated with educational institutions, health agencies, private industry, and government. Members are students, researchers, teachers, extension service personnel, administrators, marketing representatives, consultants, and hobbyists. For more information, please visit http://www.entsoc.org.