Call for 2015 Insect Calendar Photos
Annapolis, MD; February 11, 2014 -- The Entomological Society of America is looking for the best insect images to grace our “2015 World of Insects Calendar.”
Images should be of the highest aesthetic and technical quality. Photographs for the calendar will be selected by the ESA Committee on the World of Insects Calendar. The requirements for submission of images for the purposes of judging are:
1. JPG format (no more than 3000 pixels wide).
2. Common or scientific name must be included in each filename.
3. All images must be horizontal and rectangular (vertical or square photos will not be accepted).
4. Images of dead insects that are posed or mounted are not allowed.
5. A maximum of eight (8) images may be submitted by a single photographer (more than 8 submissions will disqualify all of the photographer’s entries).
6. Submissions must be e-mailed to ESA headquarters (firstname.lastname@example.org) by midnight EST on May 16, 2014.
7. Photographers of winning images for the 2015 calendar should be able to write a concise paragraph on the biology of the species or relevant taxon that is the subject of their image, including any special circumstances involved in capturing the image. The paragraph will appear in the calendar.
The Entomological Society of America is the largest organization serving the professional and scientific needs of entomologists and people in related disciplines in the world. Founded in 1889, ESA today has more than 6,500 members affiliated with educational institutions, health agencies, private industry, and government. Members are students, researchers, teachers, extension service personnel, administrators, marketing representatives, consultants, and hobbyists. For more information, please visit http://www.entsoc.org.