Process Research Engineer, Agricultural Solutions
FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC Agricultural Solutions is seeking an experienced process development engineer for commercialization of new agricultural active ingredients. Our business has a robust pipeline of new products that anticipate our customers’ needs and contribute to their long-term prosperity while advancing agriculture.
This role requires organic chemistry/chemical engineering knowledge, as well as work experience in process development, pilot plant or commercial operations. The successful candidate will conduct laboratory-based programs to develop commercial manufacturing processes as part of a cross-functional team of process chemists, analytical chemists and engineers. The role involves engineering support through all phases of process development, with responsibility from early stage to commercial launch.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop process concepts and cost analyses for chemical synthetic routes/manufacturing processes.
- Design and conduct laboratory experiments to demonstrate commercial process feasibility and to establish essential chemistry/engineering parameters.
- Design, direct, and coordinate work with external research partners to supplement internal experimental program.
- Develop basic design data, define operating conditions and critical limits, and establish safety and quality parameters for the commercial process through scale-up and modeling of unit operations.
- Effectively document and transfer technology and know-how for the design, construction, and operation of commercial facilities and product registration.
- Participate in the pre-campaign planning and start-up of commercial operations.
- Manage all aspects of laboratory EHS and apply technical knowledge to advance laboratory safety of the group.
Minimum MS Degree Chemical Engineering; Ph.D. preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years R&D-process development experience in pharmaceutical, fine or specialty chemicals industry required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information with global internal and external partners required.
- Manufacturing or scale-up experience ideal.
- Expertise in separations technologies ideal.
- Expertise in process safety management and thermal hazards evaluation ideal.
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate different geographies required.
- Travel to international sites may be required (less than 10%).
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. FMC supports a drug-free workplace.